Wakeboarder Forum Index

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Window tint. Is it possible on the exterior?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hogger
Criminal
Criminal


Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Posts: 55
City: Kennewick

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Window tint. Is it possible on the exterior? Reply with quote

I need to dig a little deeper and see if I can remove the windshield from my Maxum to tint. But I thought I read somewhere that there is tint made for the exterior side of the glass.
Anyone heard of this? Tried this?
Or is it a sales pitch?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak


Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Posts: 3347
City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: Nov 15, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You windscreen s held together with rivets. simple drill them out and the screen comes apart.

When ready to re-assmble you'll want to replace the rivets with new ones.

Alternatively, the whole screen comes off... its screwed from the underside of where it meets the deck.

_________________
www.AxisBoats.co.uk | www.Malibu-Boats.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jjaszkow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie


Joined: 25 Jul 2006
Posts: 2124
City: Some Airport

PostPosted: Nov 16, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not seen exterior window tint used on anything other than building applications. I would hesitate using it on a boat, but I can't say that it wouldn't work (although I am not sure how well it takes to shrinking to get around curved surfaces).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
             


Copyright © 2012 - Wakeboarding - Wakeboarder.com - All Right Reserved
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group