Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

waterskier trying to learn consistent progressive edge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cougnation

City: LAKE TAPPS

PostPosted: Nov 05, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: waterskier trying to learn consistent progressive edge Reply with quote

I have been a hard core water skier for over 22 years, now transitioning to wakeboarding for the last 2 months, doing really well, landed 4 heelside back roles, ect. HOWEVER: sometimes my whole session will just suck, terrible crashes, no POP off the wake, when I watch the video, there is ZERO progessive edge, hammer down way to early in my cut. Any skiing converts that have found a way to back off and use the progressive edge consistently? Shocked I injured my knee pretty bad yesterday b/c I am doing an invert with zero pop=nasty spill.
pet575
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: Nov 05, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time will cure it. 2 months is not very long man. As a former slalom skier who converted, it took a long time to get used to the difference. Especially hard to adjust to NOT making the hard cut initially and instead to gradually build the edge. The hard-charging 'cut and jump' approach that slalom skiers have is not very conducive to a progressive edge, which you obviously are finding out.

Best thing that worked for me was to cut out hard and flatten off and let the boat pull me back to the foam of the wake without cutting. Then I'd make my cut and I'd panic a bit since I'd think I didn't have enough to clear the wake. This would make me edge harder and harder as I approached the wake....ta da..... a progressive edge.

Others might say to try doing it from only about 6-10 feet away from the wake. Pretty much the same concept-you start edging and edge all the way through the wake from that short distance because you don't think you'll make it.

cougnation

City: LAKE TAPPS

PostPosted: Nov 05, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, great tips. I can't repeat last night, going to get hurt. Wakeboarding on Glass in November in Washington...can't beat it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: