Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Park City, Utah Jan 21-28

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Oct 30, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Park City, Utah Jan 21-28 Reply with quote

Looks like I have booked a trip for 8 days of the Sundance Film Festival and boarding for my 34th birthday. Staying at the Marriott Mountainside.

Any info on some good runs, good bars, cheap lift tickets or different mountains int he area I need to hit up would be much appreciated.

So far, its 3 guys (me included) and 6 girls in one of the large suites.....good times and lots of pictures will be taken. Last year, my buddy who is setting up this trip sat in the hot tub with Eva Mendez smoking as J with her.

Anyone in the area is more then welcome to come hang, ride, drink or whatever.

Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's an awesome area.. what kind of riding do you mostly do?

if anyone has any CT bindings in a 13/14 that they are getting rid of, i'll buy them
CAC0416

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everywhere in Park City is awesome. Be ready for some crowds though. The social life at that time will probably be rediculous b/c of the festival (of course). The hills will be packed. Try to stay away from the idiots that don't know what they're doing... One of my friends threw out is back after some idiot who "wasn't sure how to stop" ran into him.
AaronATX
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

during sundance is a good time to hit the mountain though, everyone's in town!! park city does have a lot of people who don't know what they're doing but i think that's true of any mountain. once you get up to the tougher runs the chance of getting run into gets much smaller. the canyons is a good one for snowboarding too, and it's huge. you definitely need to block out a day to take the gondola all the way across the mountain and explore its runs. every time i've ridden canyons though, it's been pretty busy, and the prep work doesn't seem as good as PC. lots of ice and slush, you never know what you're going to hit. at least that's been my experience. i only rode canyons two or three days last season though so it could have just been a fluke. Deer Valley has the best prep and awesome runs, but it's ski only.

if anyone has any CT bindings in a 13/14 that they are getting rid of, i'll buy them
Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome info guys, thanks. Yea me and the the other two guys plan on getting to the bowls and black runs as soon as possible to avoid the scrubs. Been picking up some new stuff, so I am pumped. I missed last season cause og a new job, so I am really pumped this year.

The canyons sound good if it's not slush, I have heard good things about that place. I only board, so looks like I wont be making it too that other mountain. I can only cross my fingers and hope we get some sick snow in late Jan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: