Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

winching a kicker..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
da Liks
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 26, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: winching a kicker.. Reply with quote

so i tried our new winch&kicker last week. the speed was a tad too slow so i will be removing/adjusting the governor (any tips) of the 13hp clone. jumping the kicker was extremly hard! the winch was placed lower then the kicker, so that might be the problem. felt like you coulnd get any air! any thought on using a kicker while winching?
colefooter
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Fairborn, OH.

PostPosted: Oct 26, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I have really used a winch was at my buddies who had a couple rails set up and one kicker. In my opinion just stick to rail riding for the most part. The pull from winches (at least the one I was using) is far too inconsistent to really pull anything good off of a kicker, where as rail riding it didn't make as much of a difference. Not to mention like you said, the pull source is really low, so when you are trying to pass the handle or do anything you are getting pulled down which makes is really difficult to do much of anything.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Oct 26, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd think the pull height would kill any value you'd get off a kicker. See if you can run the thing through a 20' high boom pulley Laughing
da Liks
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 26, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was thinking of that actually! i could build that (but lower, more like12 ft), AND i have found a spot where we can put the winch 20 ft higher then the water. we'll go check that out!
supermanotorious
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speed should not be an issue with a 13hp engine, what is your gear ratio? try using a smaller sprocket on the axle or increase your spool diameter, either way will increase speed and torque will not be an issue with an engine that large
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
da Liks
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know, turns out the hub was bent after the first day and kept bending, so that takes away a lot of speed. we made a complete new stronger spool/hub, and tuned the governor. should do the trick!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Winching All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: