Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Raley inverted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imondi

City: San Diego

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Raley inverted Reply with quote

Whenever I throw my raleys, I get completely inverted before bringing it back (I am talking you can see the bottom of my board from the boat). I can still bring them back, but it comes back so fast that my landings are inconsistent. Even though it looks pretty cool, it is way cooler to land all of them! Whenever I watch videos of people doing them, they do not get that inverted. What do I need to do to get less inverted?

I will get a video either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks guys!
Blake
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without video it is hard to tell. Sounds to me like you are having an issue when tripping the board at the wake --- but then again, it could be as simple as to where the handle is in the air.

Post a video and more guys can help

toothpick
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Clermont

PostPosted: Feb 04, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that you are pushing up and almost forward off of the top of the wake. For a big, slow Shaun Murray-esque type of raley, you really want to edge through the wake and push away from the boat. It sounds kind of weird to think about doing that, but it will boost you up in the air and really let you control how high up and how long your board is up behind you.

Take a look at any Shaun Murray raley and you'll see how he really pushes away from the boat at the top of the wake. Every now and then I get lucky and do one that way, they feel much better than the quick flicking type.
jboneill

City: Austin

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a couple buddies that arent very good at wakeboarding but i just make them try raleys because it is humorous... most of my friends are pretty skilled... anyways they all do exactly what you are saying, i think it is the fact that they are so scared of catching an edge they want to get the raley up as fast as they can and bring it back down as quickly as possible to not catch an edge. since they do this they will end up slipping out onto their butt alot, but sometimes land the trick.

my advice to the raley would be to relax and not be so eager to get your board up there so quick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: