Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

am i retarded? i cant get up on a skate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kartman
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: meridian, Idaho

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: am i retarded? i cant get up on a skate Reply with quote

just like the title says, i got up like 3 times in 5 hours. cant deep water start, even tho our winch is a 10hp with a tav. my buddy can deep start, shore start and it pisses me off cause he cant even clear the wake behind the boat. how to you start? it is a sandy beach where we ride.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had issues with this at first too and had to tune the gearing/spool a little bit to get it right. You've got plenty of power (at my heaviest I was 230 and could deep start behind my 8hp), but your low-end speed is lacking. What is your current setup? Spool inner diameter, small/big sprocket sizes?

If you have an adjustable spool, try making it a slight bit bigger.
supermanotorious
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple tips based on my experience, when you deep water start, stand on the board under water, your shoulders and head should be out of the water, your knees bent and your board about 2-3 feet under water, under your feet, this is the easiest for the board to plane, or

build a start box, nothing fancy, a sheet or strip of plastic will do, we've even started off another wakeskate flipped upside down

http://www.vimeo.com/26381984

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Winching All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: