Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Making the sequence type pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eric mf soler
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: LAKE STEVENS

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Making the sequence type pictures Reply with quote

How do you make these pictures like this.
And what program do you use.
hawkster0001
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: GR

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2 i would enjoy any info too
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the photomerge tool in Photoshop to do mine, then clean up the various layers. You can do it manually but the photomerge does a good job of blending the colors and the contours. Then you just have to remove and expose the parts from each frame. You do have to understand layering, masking. You can google those if you don't understand them.

FYI, here's a tutorial on how to do them manually in photoshop. Photomerge cuts out a lot of these steps.

http://www.mdgraphics.ca/articles/photoshop-action-sequence.php

AaronATX
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Austin

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photoshop. layers are your friends. photomerge is OK but manually doing it will produce better results. if you have a sequence of pics like this I can probably do it for you if i can find a little free time.

if anyone has any CT bindings in a 13/14 that they are getting rid of, i'll buy them
Instigator

PostPosted: Sep 21, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post I read the other day from another forum

Quote:
Photoshop Elements
It's a long process & takes a bit of practice.
You need to open all the images your going to put in the sequence.
Then drag them all into the one image to creating layers.
Hide all the layers except for the background layer.
One by one, make each layer visible but lower its opacity to about 50% so you can line it up with the background.
Erase the part of the layer that is hiding the part of the background you want to see then raise the opacity back to 100%.
You now have 2 photos that look like 1.
Do that over & over until you've merged all the layers into the one background.
Nooga678
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those without photoshop, they can also be created in Gimp software using the same layers/mask techniques.
oldschoolguy

City: Chilliwack

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my camara isn't fast enough. I can only get like three pics in the time it takes to go w2w
hawkster0001
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldschoolguy, use video, and use the frames of the video, they wont be great for large shots, but good fror smaller icons and such

Nooga678, i downloaded gimp2 and have been trying to do sequence shots, i set one phot as the background layer, add a new layer as a transparency, import the pic for that layer, but its just normal, i cant get the pictures to be transparent? any tips?
taitrt
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Sep 25, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I typically just find one picture that I want to use as a reference (usually a picture in the middle of the sequence) and start messing around with the skew of the other pictures.

Just put the reference picture on the back layer and move the opacity of the front layer to about 50%, then press ctrl+t to get free transform. You can then adjust the skew of the front layer in order to get the backgrounds to line up the way they should.

After everything is lined up I cut out the boarder from each frame with a heavy feathering and delete the rest of the frame. It takes about 5-10 minutes per sequence, but they end up turning out pretty nice. I made both of these for a board member a while back.

JoeyJojo
Addict
Addict

City: Central Mississippi

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taitrt wrote:
I typically just find one picture that I want to use as a reference (usually a picture in the middle of the sequence) and start messing around with the skew of the other pictures.

Yep, use a middle pic. If you start with a pic from the beginning of the sequence, you will have to do a lot of transforming to get everything lined up at the end, particularly if it is a lot of shots in it.

Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, ive been doing by just cutting out the boarders and pastin them on the middle shot, but i cant get the spray on the landing and take off, do you just cut htat out with the boarder? its not really i cant get it, just cant figure out a good way that looks clean, and do you cut the ropes too?
taitrt
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkster0001 wrote:
ok, ive been doing by just cutting out the boarders and pastin them on the middle shot, but i cant get the spray on the landing and take off, do you just cut htat out with the boarder? its not really i cant get it, just cant figure out a good way that looks clean, and do you cut the ropes too?

Turn up the feather a lot and use the rectangle selection tool.
hawkster0001
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turn up the feather? and with the rectangle selection selection, are you saying to basically crop the boarder?
taitrt
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I mean select the whole boarder and wake with the rectangle selection tool, but do it with a heavy feather so you can paste it without looking ridiculous.
hype9107
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use gimp, start with a huge canvas and " open as layer" all my images into gimp. start with my first image, then select my second and make the second 50% transparent. I line up the two photos the best i can around where i want the seam. put the photo back to normal transparency, right click and make add a black layer mask. this makes the photo disapear, then i select the paint brush, use the fuzzy circle with white as the foreground color. then i paint the wakeboarder into the photo. everywhere you aplly the white paintbrush, the hidden photo appears. when i get to where the two pictures meet, i move the transparency of the paint brush down and blend the two photos together. if you mess up switch the color to black and paint it away. ( black hides and white shows). and do this with each photo. i only had like five minutes to type this before getting back to work. if you have any questions pm me on here and i will explain a little more
franzflip
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multi burst then stich them?
Dante2004

City: Houston

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taitrt wrote:
No, I mean select the whole boarder and wake with the rectangle selection tool, but do it with a heavy feather so you can paste it without looking ridiculous.

I essentially do the same thing, but with the erase tool and turn the hardness WAY down. This allows me to make the transition line follow contours, rather than just a straight line. A little more work, but you can gain a some flexibility.

I just did something like this with a picture of my son on a swingset. I took a picture of him swinging on each of the 4 swings, then a 5 picture with him sitting on the ground watching..."himself". So rather than it looking like a "sequence" it is "multiplicity". I love the looks I get from people when they can't quite figure out what I did. lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: