Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Raley rope placement... please help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
midwestrider30

City: north korea

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Raley rope placement... please help. Reply with quote

Yes, i've been searching the forums (such as this one http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=78490), but I would like a specific answer to my question.

I tried raleys for the second time today. First went off the wakeskate and got the motion down pretty well. When I took it to the board I had some problems with the last part. After I finally got the trick to stop myself from rotating, I've been pulling the rope down. My question is how to place the rope so i don't do a 180 on the landing? When I was trying them on my board, but I couldn't seem to keep my left foot forward when landing. Is it as easy as pulling the rope towards my front hip? Any help/advice is appreciated!

I will add video once the person who took the videos gets them back to me.
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you(r board) stay horizontal in the air or did you stargaze (nose pointing towards sky)?
If you manage to stay horizontal but turn 180 on the way down you'll probably just have to move the handle away from the wake a bit more to stop going to revert.
However, video will help!

ronkujr

City: Severna Park

PostPosted: Aug 19, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how i learned was when you pull the rope back in act like youre trying to break the handle over your front leg and it forces you back in to position
midwestrider30

City: north korea

PostPosted: Aug 19, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyZone CR,

After watching the videos, yes I am stargazing. How do i fix this, just keep straight?
I'm trying to upload the videos to here, but they're on facebook. Anyone know how to create a public link for the video?
FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Aug 19, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends why you're stargazing. Can be because you're coming off edge right before the wake, because you have too much weight on your back foot during approach, or you simply get off axis in the air which you probably can fix by looking at the tower while you're in the air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: