Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

first real ride

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: first real ride Reply with quote

Subject line tells the story. Last year in Honduras I rode for 10 seconds or so.

Finally got out on Saturday for a lesson here in town. Waiting around for the wind, which just seems wrong, we finally got the wind to start blowing around 3pm. Winds were about 25-30k so I few my 12m and had two really good rides on my goofy side. Rode up wind for a bit on both of them and I was surprised at how fast i got going! You get a long way from shore in a short period of time when you get going...

Going my switch side, is another story.... I suck and really couldn't do much going the other direction. We got picked up and came back up to where we launched but the wind had died a bunch. We really couldn't get anything going and after being drug through the water for 3-4 hours I've never been that tired in my life!

It's Tuesday and only now can I walk without crying cause my quads are so freaken sore! Arms are sore, stomach, back ect ect. What a work out. I'm offically hooked though!

Can't wait till the wind starts blowing again.

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this! Congrats and welcome to the addiction. You will be a weather site crackhead in no time waiting for that next windy forecast.

Yeah, switch riding is much harder than it is behind the boat, but it really shows how fundamental you are. A couple of months on the kite and you will be pretty much ambidexterous behind the boat.

People who do not kite do not realize how much distance you can cover in a short time. Its pretty amazing!

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome toe the club! I just started last December, it's awesome.

I can't wait until our season starts up. I finally got myself a board that I can throw some boots on but I haven't tried it out behind the kite yet.
Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason I'm so addicted.

We were in Hatteras when Earl hit a couple of weeks ago. No wind though so my next trip looks like it might be in your neck of the woods.

South Padre maybe. Do you make it down there much? Our season is just ending around here but I hope to get out a couple more times. The water is pretty freaken cold now which sucks. It seems like a long time since the 85 degree Hatteras water...

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, padre is epic, esp if your into flat water like me. Wave are decent there too, but flat water is as good as anywhere else in the world. Cheap to visit in winter months too, so def check it out.

Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the water Temp like in the winter? Is Maui better inthe winter or the same. I'm all over the flat water, the less waves the better!

My wife is interviewing with a shop out of Houston right now which means she could be doing some trips down there in the next couple of months. I hear it's super eash and cheap to jump on a plane to South Padre.

What are accomadations like down there? Do you rent houses? hotels? How often do you head down there?

I'll post some pics when I get a chance the last time out up here. Water is getting really cold but the wind was cranking. Almost too much for me but the guys that new what they were doing were loving it. Getting huge air.

jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to be in Houston, Texas City levee is only about 30-45 min away and a great place to ride. Water temp will never be an issue for YOU as it never gets below 50. The air on the other hand can flux really quick. One day it will be 75F and the next it will be 20F and the next it will be 60F. Basically, on the northwind days its gonna be chilly and on the southwind days your 3/2 will get a little toasty.

Padre and Corpus are the same way with just warmer temps. Ive been on Padre in January riding in shorts and a heater top one day, and the noth wind hit and Im in a 4/3 the next day. But, Im from here and hate the cold.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Kiteboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: