Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Pop help. VIDEO!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwb shorty
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Yo mom

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Pop help. VIDEO! Reply with quote

I'm jumping wake to wake pretty consistently, but I just don't have the pop. I need a little help, so here's a little video:

Any tips are appreciated and thanks in advance!

Anubis_79

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you're cutting in too hard too early and then letting up once you get to the wake. You want your cut to be hardest at about the trough of the wake and up through the top. Then you just straighten your legs at the apex of the wake and up you go. Don't try to do the work by trying to ollie off the crest of the wake, let the boat and water do all the work. Straightening your legs lets the force of the water pushing up transfer to the board instead dissipating of through the board then through your legs when your knees are bent.
pet575
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This. You are making a nice hard cut but when you let off you are just relying on your speed to get you over the wake. This means you won't get much height. If you were to edge progressively so that your hardest edge is right as you go up the wake, you could easily go w2w even if you only went half the distance away from the wake that you are going right now.

Watch the learnwake.com video of learning w2w to see exactly what Anubis_79 in real life.

Bolo

City: Elk Grove

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How fast are you going? It looks like your going way too fast which makes your wake smaller also.
Enygma
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 16, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see too hard of a cut too early and you're letting off your edge just before you hit the wake. You need to keep tension on the rope to help get your pop. Stay on edge and slam those feet into the water on the wake. Don't stand tall too early or you end up going off edge. It takes some practice to get the timing down.

I have a routine when I go to the lake. First I do some stretches on the boat. I find if I do stretches I fell 100x better the next day, just not so sore.

Second I do "the books" 4 minute drill. Really want to familiarize myself with switch riding.

Third I do some small, slow 1 wake jumps. Really focus on getting height off them, trying to drill the timing for the pop into my head.

People on the boat are always bored but it's really better to do these warm ups then to just try to give the people on the boat laughs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: