Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Surf Sesh 8.7.10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AaronATX
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Austin

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Surf Sesh 8.7.10 Reply with quote

Some pics from a surf session on Saturday on Lake Austin.

and for those who are curious about the ballast setup..

there was also a 750lb fat sac in the rear compartment and the stock ballast system was used as well.

here is a link to the whole set

if anyone has any CT bindings in a 13/14 that they are getting rid of, i'll buy them
chawk610
Addict
Addict

City: Fort Worth

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pics... been thinking about one of those Wakesurf boards!!!
AaronATX
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! surfing's fun.. but this board (which belongs to my buddy) is too squirrely for me.

if anyone has any CT bindings in a 13/14 that they are getting rid of, i'll buy them
m_lesney
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 21, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE PICS,
HOWEVER WHY NO LIFE JACKETS? ITS YOUR LIVES HOWEVER I WOULD NEVER GIVE SOMEONE A PULL WITHOUT A JACKET. NOBODYS WATER PROOF!

AWESOME PICS THOUGH
AaronATX
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m_lesney wrote:
NICE PICS,
HOWEVER WHY NO LIFE JACKETS? ITS YOUR LIVES HOWEVER I WOULD NEVER GIVE SOMEONE A PULL WITHOUT A JACKET. NOBODYS WATER PROOF!

AWESOME PICS THOUGH

I don't know many people who use a vest while surfing, neither behind a boat nor in the ocean. most of the people i know surf after a wakeboarding session, and don't want to feel claustrophobic in a vest. plus that day it was in the high 90's, and the water in that area was around 67 degrees, gotta enjoy the spray and breeze.

McNasty
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

X2

Wouldn't catch me doing it. Don't always know what other boats are doing, or when the fall. Just my .02. Great wave though

PKwakeboard
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you have a 750 in the locker, two 750's in the middle and two 440's up front? Thats a hell of a lot of ballast. What model year nautique is that? Does it have the engine vent on the side of the boat in the rear? I have an 09 with the vent and I am already pretty close to the water line with just two 750's. Whats the secret?
AaronATX
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PKwakeboard, it's a 230, i think it's an 08. dunno the secret but you definitely can't turn right and you have to be careful about doubling back because it sits so low it will swamp really fast.
Here is a picture of how it sits underway, but this was taken a few months ago before the other 750 was added on the floor.

McNasty wrote:
X2

Wouldn't catch me doing it. Don't always know what other boats are doing, or when the fall. Just my .02. Great wave though

when we go out there's hardly anyone on the water. If you saw someone wearing a life vest while surfing on the ocean, you'd think he was a goof, even though ocean waves can pull you under. do you swim with a life vest on too?

hawkster0001
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: GR

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always where a life jacket no mater what it is surfing or boarding, without a life jacket, to say if i got knocked unconscious fromt he board coming up ad hitting me in the head when i fall, i sink, so its always a pfd for me
McNasty
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

always where a life jacket no mater what it is surfing or boarding, without a life jacket, to say if i got knocked unconscious fromt he board coming up ad hitting me in the head when i fall, i sink, so its always a pfd for me

I agree, anytime me or my crew are in the water there is a pfd on. If we are floating we all at least put or legs through the jacket. You just never know, just putting my .02 cents in. Plus if the game warden stops u get ready for that ticket.

AaronATX
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNasty wrote:
Plus if the game warden stops u get ready for that ticket.

there was debate about that, i think they decided that it's technically illegal while the surfer is holding the rope but once he or she drops it it's ok. not too worried about being stopped during those 15-20 seconds it takes to get up and comfortable in the wave. I'm sure these guys know the risks, they're not stupid.

McNasty
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

there was debate about that, i think they decided that it's technically illegal while the surfer is holding the rope but once he or she drops it it's ok.

good deal

AaronATX
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNasty wrote:
Quote:

there was debate about that, i think they decided that it's technically illegal while the surfer is holding the rope but once he or she drops it it's ok.

good deal

yeah. i'm sure they will still ticket people though. not my boat, not my surfing.. i was just the photographer. Would I wear a life vest while wake surfing? probably not. But you will rarely, if ever find me surfing behind a boat so it's more of a non-issue. I'm not disagreeing with you guys on the importance of a pfd, it's more that I don't have an opinion on these guys choosing to not wear one.

McNasty
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you. Just hate to know that a life could be lost, because a pfd wasn't comfortable. Its you and your buddys decision, but watch next time you are out surfing or taking pics you will be thinking about these post. Have fun surfing that nice wave.
liquid forcekin
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Athens

PostPosted: Oct 21, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

super sweet wave indeed.jealous Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: