Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

WAKESKATE, AND WAKEBOARD- RESIST PLATEAUING

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakeboarding

City: weatherford

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: WAKESKATE, AND WAKEBOARD- RESIST PLATEAUING Reply with quote

As with any sport, it is easy to become comfortable doing the same old tricks on a wakeboard or wakeskate (Plateauing). This is especially true after a period of learning a lot of new tricks, and even worse when you have no other riders pushing you to do new tricks. WE MUST RESIST!!! We must continue to get better and to try new things….. that’s what keeps the sport fresh, that is what keeps me riding on a near daily basis at least!! Day after day of the same old tricks will bore anyone…. and no new tricks will cause the spectators to lose interest as well.
Whether you are a CORE rider, a newbie, or anywhere in between, progression of water sports depends on new life in them. That new life can come in the form of a new trick, a new medium to expose the sports, or a rider strapping in or jumping on a skate for the first time.
I am thankful that I have a group of wakeboarders that constantly push me to try new tricks, and go bigger than before….this keeps me from plateauing (YES YOU HEARD CORRECT, SKATERS AND BOARDERS pushing eachother).
At the end of the day when everyone gets better, and the sports grow, the possibility for more people to make a living in the water sports industry grows as well.
TO ALL: Get out there have fun, become part of the scene, push your friends to get better!!! and together we will get water sports to a scale larger than anyone ever imagined!!!!

http://legitwake.com
http://twitter.com/legitwake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: