Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

New Board... Heel side better need some info on toe side

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyle f
Addict
Addict

City: Norris Lake

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: New Board... Heel side better need some info on toe side Reply with quote

Last season, after doing the Pay it Forward with the Shaun Murray board, I bought one (08 140). Loved the control and the sticky, but poppy feeling of the board. But had bolted my Remix Bindings from my Apex onto it.

Well this season, I hit the gym a bit more, watched my diet and dropped 30lbs. Went to the PWT event in Elizabeth Town KY, and happened to meet and speak with Mr. Murray, and well ended up getting him to sign my board. So.. with that said It was time to retire it, and when I got my bonus from work, I decided not only was it time to upgrade bindings, it was time to seek out another board as to not ruin my Autogrphed keep sake.

So, I now ride a smaller board due to the weight loss. 6' 200 now, and have a Byerly Monarch (2010) with Byerly Pro Bindings 54" (137cm). I know it may seem to be a bit on the small side.. but I rode a CWB Faction 138 and it rode fine for me... and I liked the lighter feel.

So with everythign set up and feeling comfortable, I took a set... and even though many design elements were similar between the boards, wow what a different ride.

with 3 sets under my belt on it now, things are feeling much much better and I am liking the ride a bit more than I did the Murray. I like that its got a bit more speed, and softer landings.. even if it seemed to drop off in the Pop. Hellside everythign is fine, sirface spins are good... but toe side seems a bit odd.

Cutting away from the wake toeside feels good, solid, and predictable. However, coming into the wake it seems like I can't leverage to board to load the line anymore. So my pop, distance... and confort is totaly gone on toe side... all I can do is get about to the middle of the wake off a jump and land straight to the boat.

So, I am wondering if maybe adjusting the binding position may help out with this. Is it all in my mind and I just need to work on getting more comfortable goign into the wake and just hammer at it until I get it right again... did I screw up and really buy too small of a board?

Just looking for Ideas.

MB Sports B52 V23 with 2750lbs of Ballast Capable Smile
HHI Dave
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Hilton Head Island, SC

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video would help, but... try cutting out hard and far on your heels and then just wait. Wait for the boat to start pulling you back towards the center of the wake. As it does, turn your chest and shoulders towards the back of the boat. This should build a progressive toeside edge and it should keep line tension. Then edge through the wake and pop as usual.

Hilton Head Wake Sports on Facebook
CrookedWake
Criminal
Criminal

City: OKC

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it could possibly be the positioning of your feet. Try moving your bindings clockwise/counterclockwise a couple degrees until it feels good. Just a little movement sometimes helps out a bunch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: