Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

HS Back Roll

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BurtonSnol3order

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: HS Back Roll Reply with quote

I am on my crappy 19 foot 135hp Bayliner, but here is my HS Back Roll. I am going out on my buddy's new Mobius and wanted to try the trick a bit beforehand. I can almost land it with the worthless wake I get from my boat, but I always end up doing a 180 and landing fakie. Any thoughts on what I'm doing that causes the extra rotation?
http://vimeo.com/13614048
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurtonSnol3order, Cut out farther, take a harder edge up and through the wake. Make sure to pin the handle to your front hip the best you can, right when you hit the wake, it looks like you immediately moved the rope to the back hip, causing the extra rotation.

It helps some people to let go with their back hand after they leave the wake. Just try it a couple different ways.
kyle f
Addict
Addict

City: Norris Lake

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have been helping my friend out a lot with his... and as said above

#1, you are no where close to be out far enough to get enough speed to make it w2w while rotating and handle position is everything

#2 Make sure you are feeling the pop before rotating

once you get that going, post up another vid. We can help you further

MB Sports B52 V23 with 2750lbs of Ballast Capable Smile
BurtonSnol3order

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Alright, finally got to a real boat Reply with quote

here is my jump on a real wakeboard boat... I realize I was doing it wrong before, but that was about all I could get from that worthless bayliner...

What can I do to stick the landing? My handle position is front hip but i feel like I'm still not straight enough... or maybe I need just a fraction more rotation...

http://vimeo.com/13789891
BurtonSnol3order

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this helps... but I can either get higher (more pop) or a quicker spin but not both. It has to do with my cut right before the wake... If i cut sharp right before the wake I spin faster, but dont get the pop. If I cut straight through the wake I get higher/farther but dont spin enough.
dirtydave

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a bad effort bro. just cut a little harder and edge throught the wake and then stand tall when u release to get the pop. u would have butt checked and landed the second one but u cased the wake. just a little harder cut and dont forget to stand tall! good luck!
BurtonSnol3order

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I guess i just don't know if I should be going for more height with a slower rotation or the same height i've got now but just a bit quicker spin. I'm thinking more height. I'm getting closer each time out so hopefully in the next few times I'll be getting it down.
slaidler63

City: Irving

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get more height with slower rotation, it looks much better. A low fast spin looks rushed, however it is harder because you have to come in to the wake fast to get the height and the hard part is timing your pop off the wake. Just remember POP then rotation, and also spot your landing as early as possible.
kyle f
Addict
Addict

City: Norris Lake

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I arill think you need to cut out further so you have more time to set up. You body position is kind of poor on your toeside out.... try to open your shoulders up to the boat a bit more and lean down the line for leverage.

When you have more time... get a good progressive edge. I knowm I am sick of hearing that as well... but it does give you more time to set up the trick. With this longer approach, you should generate a bit more speed, then you wont have to worry about the momentum to get you w2w on the trick.

Now, that would leave you to concentrate on the pop. This is where you get the style in the trick. As said above, more hight, slower spin, looks more in control. That is how you want it to look. So Go back a step, land a few w2w with as much pop as you can get, then repeat it, but tuck that sholder and rotate.

MB Sports B52 V23 with 2750lbs of Ballast Capable Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: