Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

NEW TRICK!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Hattiesburg

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: NEW TRICK! Reply with quote

Sorry for the excitement, I'm not bragging, please don't take this post that way. I haven't learned a new trick in 3 years... ugh... but this weekend I just happened to trip over something that I thought I could land.
I've been doing half cab rolls for... well... 3 years now and have always wanted to just do a switch backroll and never got the nerve. Well, this weekend I did, and below are the results.

Now all I need to do is remember to practice it...
Later
Tiff

alliecat0223
Criminal
Criminal

City: Indianapolis

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Job. the pics look cool !!!
jumalian
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: san diego

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHOW OFF!!!

just kidding tiff! nice work!

I'm thinking some island. And Alaska is not a choice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck yea I'm showing off! I mean... look how seamless those photos are stitched together, photoshop work that good needs to be shown off! Laughing
Just kidding... here are some of the not so great attempts for everyone to laugh at...
Tiff

JRock*Girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awsome Tiff, congrats!

I've hit the same 'havn't learned a new trick in years' boat...i hate it, time to start trying more.

Props! Switch too Shocked

sh0rtyme
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Portland

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falling hard, getting back up and trying it again is tough, so major props. Plus that's a SWEEEET trick!

You have given me more motivation to work on more tricks!!!
Mermaid
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 09, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiffanator, that is awsome, wish I could do that. Sad
rnopr8

City: Murrieta

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go girl.....way to rock. I just learned my HS and Ts wake2wake and thought I was stoked!!! Wish I could do that.
fergie23
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntington Beach

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great trick and cool pics! How long have u been riding?
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fergie23, this will be my ninth year on the water. The first three years I really only did wake jumps and never pushed myself. Then I met some guys who really pushed me to start trying tricks, and slowly I've picked up a few inverts here and there. What really helped me the most was riding for an entire year with no fins on a flat bottom board. I would reccomend everyone do this for a while, it really makes you learn to edge correctly.

Tiff

itch
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: m m m itch igan

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiff thats great girl keep it up. I am going to try a switch back roll in your honor saturday. If I get this Concrete job we will have to ride together.
ITCH

Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey itch, the trick really isn't all that hard, you just have to concentrate on not spinning 90* and slam.
The switch roll is a major accomplishment for me because I got two concussions in a month and a half trying to learn a switch hs wake to wake. Never did I actually think I would be able to do an invert like that.
You know I'm up for riding anytime. Make sure that Concrete sends you down to the south, I'm interested in seeing their product.
Later
Tiff
itch
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: m m m itch igan

PostPosted: Jun 10, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh travel is going to extensive so yeah I will be down south, besides I will need an interpiter(sp?) and a place to crash. Did you like the looks of the two boards what about the black future bindings? the all red ones a killer when I opened the box I was repeating "please be the red ones"
Do you like the different graphics? I am picking Shin up on Fathers Day of all days but I didnt want to reschdule it already has taken to long.
itch

wakeboarder07
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: chattanooga

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET! I'm motivated to try something new now!
fergie23
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiffanator, sounds like really learning to ege correctly is a major key in advancing. I just bought The Foundation dvd from The Book and am going to work on some things when I go out this weekend...maybe it would be a good idea to remove the fins for awhile as well! I wish I had some friends who were better and I could learn from but we all started riding at the same time about three years ago and are pretty much just working on W2W and 180's but it is hard to try to learn more. Anyway, congrats on the switch backroll and any ideas on how to progress would be greatly appreciated!!! Cool
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fergie23, hey there! Yes, learning how to edge correctly is a vital part of wakeboarding. Another very important aspect of learning is to not rush into tricks that are too advanced for you. There are sooo many times I have been in the boat with people who can barely go wake to wake, but want to learn a raley or other invert, just because they think it's cool. Yeah, inverts are cool, but getting hurt is not, and if you push yourself beyond your limits you are more likely to get hurt. I'm not saying don't ever try anything new, but you should be comfortable going wake to wake both heelside and toeside before you move on to different tricks. I typically try to get people to learn wake to wake, grabs, 180s, switch riding, switch 180s, then move on to inverts and 360s. Riding switch really makes you think about how you are riding, and it helps with your regular riding because you are more aware of what you are doing. People thought I was crazy for learning a switch backroll, they told me to forget the switch riding and learn something else, but working on a switch backroll and half cab roll has helped me recognize some things I need to change on my regular roll. Basically, learning things regular and switch makes you a more complete rider, and to me, being able to do switch tricks is more impressive than being able to do regular.
itch, did you try a switch roll this weekend? How did it go? I didn't get to ride because the lake was insanely busy, hopefully I'll be on the water tonight though... YAY!
Later
Tiff

fergie23
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiffanator, I definitely agree and am going to work on TS W2W, grabs and both TS and HS 180's this summer along with improving my switch riding. I am finally going out this weekend and am looking forward landing a HS 180! I'll also try some riding without fins to help work on my edging!
wawakechic
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Tiff. Way to get out of that 3-year rut!

I've been meaning to take the fins off too, but keep forgetting. Rolling Eyes I can go w2w ts and hs consistantly on a shorter rope (60 ft I think) but any longer and I just land on the wake. Do you think taking the fins off and learning better edging will help in this case, or is something else wrong?
rnopr8

City: Murrieta

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiff....you are so right about progressing slowly and correctly. Edging is everything. I am just cementing my w2w HS. But I am so depressed. I have it but I keep letting go of the handle. I don't even know why. I am so depressed. I rode 2 sets today and I am clearing no problem but for some reason I think I have to let go all the time. I don't know how to stop. My coach is going to tie my arms back to my sides so I don't push my arms out and let go. I have been working on this so long and don't want to go on until I get this all important jump down. I am so proud of you. I wish I could do it.
Grace B.
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: OR/WA

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job Tiff! That is great!

I really need to get out on the water more and push myself to learn some more tricks this summer!
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grace B., thanks... I haven't been on the water much lately, but it makes me appreciate my time on the water that much more. I used to say... oh, I'll try something tomorrow when I ride, now I may get to ride on the weekends and one set during the week, so if I don't try it then, it may be another week.
rnopr8, probably you are letting the rope get away from you when you come off the wake. Let me explain, when you jump the wake, the rope will get tight, if you aren't ready for that it can yank the handle out of your hands. Even the slightest pull can startle you and cause you to loosen your grip. Try keeping the handle at your hips when you are in the air, and concentrate on holding on to the handle. I used to let go of the handle all the time. If something would go the least bit wrong I threw the handle. Now, I have trained myself to never let go, and many times I'll be skidding on my back before I realize I'm still holding on for dear life. You just have to get used to how it feels going wake to wake, it is scary at first, and toeside wake to wake is even more scary, but you get used to it in time.
Keep ripping...
Tiff
fergie23
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiffanator, I agree - when you find yourself letting go, usually the handle is not at your hips and yanks the handle out of your hands or it pulls u off balance. Keeping the handle low seems to be a major key to getting more pop. I still find myself letting the handle get too high during my jumps sometimes...any good ideas on how to make sure it stays at your hips?
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried a backroll three times
after those attempts mom & dad sayd i had to wear a helmet because they thought i was gunna die if i ever tried it again
Lizrd
Addict
Addict

City: Wonder Lake, IL

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiff - way to go there! I love the fact that you kept at it and that the trick is switch! Dang! Switch inverts are cool!! You rock! Cool So.... .... what's next? Very Happy
Searay

City: Mobile

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: