Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Toeside Pop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhackedRampage
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Toeside Pop Reply with quote

I am comfortable with toeside edging, etc. (I think I am at least haha), but I cannot get any pop on a toeside jump.

I was tired from wakeboarding in rough water earlier in the day, but this is usually how my toeside jumps look. Video:

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/Rampage_08/?action=view&current=D_toeside01.mp4

The rope length in the video was at 60ft. I lengthened it to 70 feet and I noticed a difference in my heel side pop (I got a lot more height), but didn't try any toeside jumps with the rope longer.

If any of you are wondering...thing the rope is hanging over is man-made and hasn't been painted or anything. We were pulling too many tubes last year and it tore the rope hook off the the boat lol.
HHI Dave
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Hilton Head Island, SC

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you're basically just riding back and forth across the wake. Set up for your TS jump by cutting out far and hard from the wake. Flatten out and wait for the boat to start pulling you back towards the center of the wake. As you begin to approach, square your chest and shoulders so they are turned towards the back of the boat. This will maintain your edge and line tension. Hold the edge through the wake and you'll feel the "POP!"

Hilton Head Wake Sports on Facebook
WhackedRampage
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was just working on toeside so I didn't really cut hard out for a heel side jump. I can tell from the video that I'm not edging in very hard, but do I need to stand tall at the top of the wake for the toeside jump?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: