Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help with my Backside! (spins) **VIDEO**

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blindside_137
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Raleigh

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Help with my Backside! (spins) **VIDEO** Reply with quote

******VIDEO ADDED********
Here's the video:

http://vimeo.com/13108942

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1189199775794&ref=mf

I don't know why but my uplaods to vimeo get reduced quality. I posted a facebook one also since it doesn't have that problem.

Well, I've been working on my backside 180 for a while now and landed it finally about 2 weeks ago. I'm at the lake now for the 4th and haven't been able to get it today or yesterday.

I really want to try and land this again soon and get it consistent because I feel like I can get the backside 360 shortly after.

I have video but will upload it once I get home monday or tuesday.

But from the looks of things I rotate fine 80% of the time. My problem has been casing the wake the times I can get the handle or I wash out on my heels. Other times I keep my left (lead) arm straight and not to the small of my back, can't make the pass, but end up riding away w/o the handle.

So before I head home, anyone have any tips?

It's hard to think while this is going on and I don't exactly know where I'm looking but I would guess down. Should I try and look more at the shore/horizon? Also, when is the best time to pass the handle when learning? I've been doing it right on the landing, or attempting to. Should I keep that up or do it in the air or land blind?

I have ollie, inside out, and one wake bs 180s on lock. I think next time out I'll try and get 20 or more one wakes and then try for the w2w. But our wake is so damn wide that adding the second wake into the equation is a big deal, and I'm riding my shortest length!

Anyway, thanks for the help, I'll post vids soon!

Last edited by Blindside_137 on Jul 05, 2010 3:22 pm; edited 7 times in total
brichter14
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 04, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe try speeding up to make the wake more narrow.
Blindside_137
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh so stoked right now!

Landed 2 of them today and was more pumped than the first one I got a few weeks ago. I had watched my video religiously and diagnosed that I needed to work on pulling the handle to the small of my back more and bam!

I'll get home later today and post the video up. So once they are up let me know what you think, how I can get them better/ consistent and what I need to do to take it to three!

Thanks

bobmurph
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blindside_137 wrote:
I had watched my video religiously and diagnosed that I needed to work on pulling the handle to the small of my back more and bam!

Yup. The ones you landed your approach to the wake was longer and smooth. You passed the handle right to the small of your back early (while the line tension is less). Looking good! I have to get this one in my arsenal. Was going for one wake BS 180s and 360s off the start up this wknd. Fun trick...until you get pulled over by the line during the 2nd 180 on the 3.
Blindside_137
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobmurph, haha yea I did a bs 180 huge off the start up roller and it was awesome. I tried it again and fell and felt pretty ashamed.. Who falls before the wake even forms!!? Laughing
Prizzy
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont really want to nit pick on a trick that your just startin to lock down but i just started landing my 360's and somethin that really helped me with makin the pass, albeit a fronstside pass, was to bend my knees during the spin. thats sometin i learned at a camp and watchin videos and pro competitions. sure it may only be for style but focusing on that one aspect centered my body and i slid out less.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same thing when learning BS180s. Always out on my heels. The thing that got them for me was slowly pulling the handle in and LOCKING it to the small of my back. I wait to pass the handle so I don't over-rotate. Based on your video you should also try to lean over your toes more as you're coming down for the landing. It will help with consistency.

Most people say to look at the shore.. I found more success looking at the water.

Blindside_137
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prizzy, I'll try to work on the knee thing.

Wakebrad, same, gettting the handle to the small of my back is the toughest part. And I find looking at the water to help best and help getting me into that "cuffed" position where the pass is made. Though I haven't tried consciously looking to the shore, I just feel like that might allow the rope to pull me over.

mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the fist pump! i just landed my first 1 wake bs180 last weekend its definately a cool feeling. nice job
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: