Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Board length...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpellingIsFun

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Board length... Reply with quote

I'm 5'3"ish. Just under 120 lbs. I picked up the '07 O'brien Skyla on the cheap and I grabbed a 129. A friend of mine thought that it might be too short for me. I'm comfortable on it, but I can understand where a longer board would benefit. I was curious if any of you ladies rode a board on the shorter end of your weight range and the pros and cons. I'm not against selling the board and sizing up if it would benefit me in the long run.
Chocoholic
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Dubai

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really down to personal preference. I tend to ride a board longer for my height/weight - but that's just me.
Enygma
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not like snowboarding where a shorter board will offer certain benefits to doing tricks or ride differently on powder or groomed runs.

I've been on a 134 and now a 139 and notice no real difference between the 2. Other then the 134 was continuous rocker and the 139 is subtle 3 stage rocker line which made more of a difference then the length imo.
actionmama
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Mountain Home

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually ride a 138...just picked up a cheap Watson 134. Am interested in the difference. Next size up on the Skyla is what a 135? I'd think it would be too large-you could ride it...but manuever it well maybe not...
SpellingIsFun

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. I was thinking that. I thought it was a 134, which is the biggest I would go. Not that 135 is that much of a difference, but I think it would be too large. I just have to commit to not putting on any more weight or I'll start sinking. Razz
Chocoholic
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Dubai

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't have any issues in the slightest, bear in mind you are talking about 1 cm - that's it.
razzi

City: Silverthorne

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 5'2 and 120 lbs as well, and I ride a 131... I really like it. It's great when the water is smooth and I can jump comfortably with it. I don't really like it in choppy water, but I'm sure no one likes choppy water... lol
lcjdot

City: McKinney

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode an '08 Skyla 135. I found it to be a little small. I am riding a larger guys board and I have had no issues with jumping and surface 360s and edging. Some places offer a "try before you buy" program. Here is Dallas, Warming Hut has that opportunity. Check your board shops.

"There is no life without risk, no wisdom without misjudgments, no character without getting knocked down and picking yourself up again."
kajteks

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a shorter board, but it may be because I'm a snowboarder and prefer the shorter ones Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: