Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Graduating soon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Business and Finance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Wak
Criminal
Criminal

City: Murfreesboro

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Graduating soon Reply with quote

Will be graduating next december with a BA in French and Global studies (focus in international business and culture)

I Have this idea to apply to wakeboarding companies, I studied in France for a semester and got to see the wake scene there.

How would one go about applying to any of the companies?

Or should I apply myself else where?

Any suggestions will be great I've got lots of plans but, i just wanna look around before I settle on something last minute.
CAC0416

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just do a search if I were you. Look at the companies specifically or Google to see if there are any jobsites geared towards wakeboarding/watersports manufacturers. They have sites like that for nurses, teachers, etc.

I moved to Brazil about a year ago and did a search for maintenance people around the beach areas. I had to look for basically what is the equivalent of Dept. of Natural Resources in US. The tough part of it was how specific it is... if you limit yourself to wakeboarding companies, your options are narrow (which is obviously common sense).

I would go for it and also apply elsewhere. My family still lives up North and I hear the economy is still just as bad as it was when I left last September. Unless you're independently wealthy of course.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Wak, I'd say the best way to get yourself a job is to try and land an internship. Contact ALL of the companies you can and ask them if they have anything available. If nobody says they have anything available, don't give up. If they say 'check back later' check back at least every month until they tell you to go away (or hire you)!

There isn't much that will help you get your foot in the door better than offering to work for free if you can. (other than knowing someone in the industry already)

Good luck!
ridininmd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Graduating soon Reply with quote

J Wak wrote:
Will be graduating next december with a BA in French and Global studies .

LOL Laughing Laughing
J Wak
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquid Force wants to interview me for an internship just thought I'd update on that. Wouldn't be able take it till I graduate they told me to keep in touch and send in a resume when I can. Pretty sweet.
AaronATX
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Austin

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Wak wrote:
Liquid Force wants to interview me for an internship just thought I'd update on that. Wouldn't be able take it till I graduate they told me to keep in touch and send in a resume when I can. Pretty sweet.

That's awesome dude. I'm not far behind you with the internship/job search. College is definitely real now, and only going faster each day. The search to find out what to do with one's self is pretty daunting. Good luck, I hope it works out for ya! Keep us posted!

if anyone has any CT bindings in a 13/14 that they are getting rid of, i'll buy them
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Wak, Congrats. Make sure you stay on top of it and be persistant. I landed a job in an industry that I had 0 connections in simply by showing them my interest and ambition to break in to the industry (and a little luck meeting the right people).
J Wak
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support I certainly will hammer this one.

Problem is finding housing in socal Shocked ..... I DON'T NEED A MANSION!
rscott22
Criminal
Criminal

City: Waynesboro

PostPosted: Sep 14, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Wak wrote:
Thanks for the support I certainly will hammer this one.

Problem is finding housing in socal Shocked ..... I DON'T NEED A MANSION!

Dide they contact you personally??? I would love to work for liquid froce, RONIX, Hyperliet etc. I have my degree in mechanical, civil and architectural drafting and would love to design boards and boots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Business and Finance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: