Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

hints on buying a first board?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smoukki

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: hints on buying a first board? Reply with quote

Hey!

Sorry another newbie question but I thought that you ladies would be better to answer about womens' gear than men. Where I live in northern Europe wakeboarding is not such a big sport (probably cause the water is freezing) and gear is really difficult to find! Therefore I cannot go to a store to get my questions answered.

I'm around 5'4'' or 5'5'' tall and weigh around 140-150lbs. How long a board should I be buying (130-135cm?) More onto, I've tried wakeboarding a couple of times with some loan gear with too big bindings etc and now I'm looking into buying one of my own.

Since I'm not that bad at snowboarding (spun a bs&fs 5 last winter) I'm thinking that I might buy something a bit better than the basic beginner board since I would be interested trying some tricks out in the water. We also have a press and umm.. jumper? in our local waking club.

I suppose I am looking at a hyperlite or liquid force board/package. Any hints anyone? I don't think I really wan't to buy a pro model yet either since I'm only getting started in the sport. Would a ronix dahlia, liguid force luna or hyperlite blur, jade syn be any good?
Chocoholic
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Dubai

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi smoukki!

Your stats are pretty much the same as mine! Board length very often comes down to personal preference, I've ridden 130's, 134's but my length of choice is a 136, purely because I just prefer a slightly bigger board.

NEVER buy a beginners board it's a waste of money as you will become better than the board in no time, go for an intermediate/advanced board.

Again, the type of board will depend on your riding style - try going to buywake.com and inputting what you like and it will throw up suggestions for you.

LF are great boards, the Angel and Jett are my favourites, my friend has a Melissa which she loves. I had a Hyperlite Blur - hated it! It's a heavy board! I currently ride a Ronix Faith Hope Love, which is amazing, it's super lightweight, low profile, fast and slippy with good pop.

Have a look at the hybrid boards, they're definately the way to go.

LF bindings are far better than Hyperlite IMHO.

Hope that helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: