Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

A Board the Whole Family Can Use

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diverdown

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: A Board the Whole Family Can Use Reply with quote

Hi,

I just got a boat (18'6" Fish and Ski with 150 4 stroke Yamaha with ski pylon) and wanted to get a wakeboard for the family and I to use.

We have all wakeboarded a few times before on a cheapy board that my sister got from a toy store, but one that we all could use.

I am 6'0, 200#, Size 12 foot
Son 5'11, 165#, size 13 foot (he will be 6'4 he is only 13 years old now)
Wife 5'7, 150#, size 10 ladies foot
Daughter 5'6, 140#, size 10 ladies foot

I was looking ideally for one board for all of us if possible.

Some of the boards I was considering are:

O'Brien Ace 10 in a 137
http://www.summitonline.com/adult-wakeboards-with-bindings/c1000002194/obrien-ace-10-wakeboard-with-kick-bindings-adult-2010-p185925.html

Hyperlite State in a 135 or 140
http://www.summitonline.com/adult-wakeboards-with-bindings/c1000002194/hyperlite-state-wakeboard-with-sprint-bindings-adult-2010-p181668.html

CWB Pure in 134 or 141
http://www.summitonline.com/adult-wakeboards-with-bindings/c1000002194/cwb-pure-wakeboard-with-bindings-adults-2010-p181528.html

I do not have my mind set on any reseller, manufacturer or technology and all suggestions are very welcome.

Thank you for your time Smile
Bama_Wake
Criminal
Criminal

City: Mobile

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin has an ace and it is a decent board but it is not really stable enough for someone who is just starting to wakeboard. I had a CWB Faze up until this year and it was a great board, good for beginner to intermediate riders. All of my friends, girlfriend, sister, and little brother all use the board with no problem.
jmlloyd
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can swing it, 2 boards would be much better ( one for the boys and one for the girls ). There is a big difference between 6' - 200lbs and 5'7" - 140lbs. I went with just one $200 board for my family to share when we started and since upgrading to better quality and better fitting boards, you can't believe the difference. I think you will be much happier with you and your family's progress if you look for a couple boards instead of one. You will just end up buying new ones next season. Just my 2 cents, but learn from my mistakes. Good Luck---- JL
Diverdown

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmlloyd wrote:
If you can swing it, 2 boards would be much better ( one for the boys and one for the girls ). There is a big difference between 6' - 200lbs and 5'7" - 140lbs. I went with just one $200 board for my family to share when we started and since upgrading to better quality and better fitting boards, you can't believe the difference. I think you will be much happier with you and your family's progress if you look for a couple boards instead of one. You will just end up buying new ones next season. Just my 2 cents, but learn from my mistakes. Good Luck---- JL

Which two boards would you recommend?
jmlloyd
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which 2 boards??? I went Ronix, CWB & LF for myself and my kids. As long as you stay with high end products, I don't think you can go wrong. As far as size goes, you and your son need to stay around the 140 size range and your wife and girl much smaller with 131-136. Bindings are preference. Do a lot of searching on Ebay, Craigslist, this site's classified ads, etc. I went with last year's closeouts and my Ronix was slightly used and paid less than $500 for all 3 with bindings.

My set-up----
Ronix One (142) w/ Byerly
CWB Lotus 131 w/ LF
LF Junior (121)

I am still fairly new as well so there are people with much more knowledge on this site, but i hope this helps you out.

JL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: