Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Early fatigue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andaldo

City: Issaquah

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Early fatigue Reply with quote

I've been riding for a few years and am just getting comfortable doing some tricks (180s, 360s, occasional tantrum or backroll). But everytime I go out I feel like i get completely worn out with in a few minutes. I can clear the wake a few times to get warmed up, then I'll try a couple tricks. But after more than 2 or three attempts at more complicated stuff my legs and lower back get super tired and I lose a lot of control.

I'm wondering if this is normal for others or if there might be something wrong with my mechanics that's causing me to tire out so quickly. I'm in pretty good shape (3/4 through training for a triathalon) so I don't think it's just my physical stamina.
WhackedRampage
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I can usually go for at least 30 minutes (working on grab tricks, 180s, 360s, etc.). If my back leg gets stiff, I have two things I do:

1. Simply stand up as straight as you can and not apply much weight on your back leg. It may be easier outside the wake.

2. Ride switch for a while.

My back rarely gets stiff. Make sure you have a good posture while riding (not slouched over). My friends still ride slightly slouched over and they last about 5-10 minutes. I try and tell them to ride with a better posture, but they just don't listen lol.
Medina
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Netherlands

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can ride whole day, but not in top form, I have arround 1hr great form and then i am fatigued...

How many times do you board a week? Its pretty important to do it alot....

Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Pompano Beach

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride about 2 times a week, and one of those 2 is an all day at the cable park. The only reason I would stop riding at all is 1. Your hands get torn up because of
the handles, 2. Some big fatty is screwing the cable up and after abound 12 laps It starts to piss me off. No fatique at all though. Do you have any back conditions or anything? Like I have scolliosis. ( my spine curves)
savage3221
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Austin, TX

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andaldo, how fast are you riding? What is your stature and what size is your board? How frequently do you ride?
andaldo

City: Issaquah

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually ride at about 21, I'm 5' 8" and 150, and my board is a 2005 byerly 137. I usually ride about once a week.
slidin_out
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Pearl

PostPosted: Jun 29, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riding once a week is the problem, you don't have the endurance for it, building up endurance for wakeboarding is much different than training for a tri, you use your muscles in different ways that you are not used to doing in your regular training, i ride 2-5 times a week and after going for a good solid 5-10 minute set and not falling doing my warm up drills and stuff i'm sucking wind, so i ride 15-20 minute sets multiple times a day instead of a couple of long sets which helps, ride more often if you can and it will get better
actionmama
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Mountain Home

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sucks for me is my hands go way before I tire anywhere else. That's when it's time to surf.
Chocoholic
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Dubai

PostPosted: Jul 01, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jumping and doing air tricks is tiring. As your warm up, you might want to consider just doing some basic drills instead, carving, surfing the wake etc etc just to warm all your muscles up. If you go straight out and go BANG into big complex stuff, you're going to be knackered.

If your hands are getting tired, try a different handle that's a bit softer on your grip - helps alot!

It's like anything, you have to work up to it.

I generally ride 30 minute sets at a time, but at least 5 - 10 minutes of that is just basic warm up stuff.

Medina
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Netherlands

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this sound weird, but throwing an easy blind judge is not as tiring as carving arround on my edge...
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Dubai

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medina wrote:
Maybe this sound weird, but throwing an easy blind judge is not as tiring as carving arround on my edge...

LOL - maybe I'm just old Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: