Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

HS FS 360

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhackedRampage
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: HS FS 360 Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm new to this site, but I've been wakeboarding for 2 years (I have had my wakeboard for 4 years; only got out 3-4 times the first 2 years).

I have been really progressing this year (finally), and I have tried the HS FS 360 a few times this season. I just can't ever do the handle pass. I land the trick every time, but without the handle. I think I let go of it right after the first 180. I tried doing a smaller cut to the wake and still didn't help. I have been practicing the handle pass with 360s and 540s on my trampoline (without a board) and I can do them very well. I have no idea why I can't do the handle pass when I'm actually on the water.

I can do a HS 180, a switch W2W HS 180, and a TS 180. I can do the switch 180 the best, though.

Also, I am not very consistent on landing my HS 180s. I can land my switch HS 180s every time I do them (W2W too), but my normal riding position I land it about 75% of the time.

I'm hoping to get some pics this weekend if the weather permits.

Thanks!
Enygma
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A trick I read in wakeboard magazine say to try and canter your hand on the handle. The farther to the side of the handle you get the more play there will be in the handle wen doing the pass...if that makes any sense to you.

Ummm, if your hand is in the middle of the handle and you twist your hand slightly it will result in less of a twist on the whole handle then if you're on the edge of the handle.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackedRampage, I had the same problem for a while before I landed my first one.

Your problem is probably that you're trying to rotate off the wake instead of initiating the spin in the air.

If you lean back and try to spin a 360 off the wake you generate a lot of line tension and it becomes tough/impossible to pull yourself back to where the handle is to get the pass. You really have to focus on popping up and minimizing line tension. When you're almost at the peak of the jump, initiate the spin by pulling the handle to your lower back. Note you don't go way out the side with it. The closer you keep the handle to your body the easier it is to pass.

The longer you wait to initiate, the easier the trick becomes. You just have to work on popping up and minimizing line tension.

isuckatwakin
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Pompano Beach

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I did to try get the handle more is pulling it as hard as I could with 2 hands after the first 180,you would get the handle but probably not land it. After that attempt you get a feel for it.
cheesewizz
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakebrad wrote:
WhackedRampage, I had the same problem for a while before I landed my first one.

Your problem is probably that you're trying to rotate off the wake instead of initiating the spin in the air.

If you lean back and try to spin a 360 off the wake you generate a lot of line tension and it becomes tough/impossible to pull yourself back to where the handle is to get the pass. You really have to focus on popping up and minimizing line tension. When you're almost at the peak of the jump, initiate the spin by pulling the handle to your lower back. Note you don't go way out the side with it. The closer you keep the handle to your body the easier it is to pass.

The longer you wait to initiate, the easier the trick becomes. You just have to work on popping up and minimizing line tension.

just take an easy cut too, dont need allot of height to pull it off, just come in easy wait for the lift and pull that handle and you'll nail it iff you pulled right you'll never have killer face plants and it wont mow you down on the landing then adjust how much pull you need and you'll get really consistent, hope this make sense
kent2010
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Needles

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys nailed it. all you have to do is pop, pull, then pass. if you remember to do those things you will land it. thats what helped me when learning. Pop, Pull, Pass
WhackedRampage
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely try these tips out this weekend. Hopefully I can land one.

Thanks for the tips
WhackedRampage
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nearly landed the 360 tonight. It was very rough water, but I did the handle pass, landed, and then the handle slipped out of my hand Sad. I'm going again tomorrow, so I hope I can land it.

Thanks again for the tips and help. They really did help a lot.
cheesewizz
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ya thats it you got it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: