Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Surfboard for a bigger experienced rider

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fast351
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Dayton, MN

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Surfboard for a bigger experienced rider Reply with quote

I have been riding for about 3 years. I have an Air Nautique SV-211 that I ride behind, and my buddy have an older Tige. His boat is set up pretty much exclusively for wakesurfing, and throws up a great wake, probably in part due to the fact that we usually have a pile of people on board. My boat, I surf with just myself and my wife pretty regularly, and sometimes I have a few more people, which really improves the wake.

I have an Alias 5.0, which I like riding, and whether we're riding behind our boat or my buddies' boat, free riding isn't a problem, but the thing feels like a tank when you're trying to do maneuvers, and I want to start trying 360s, which I don't think this board is capable of. (Or at least I'm not capable of doing it).

He has an Alias 4.6, which I can definitely ride behind his boat with a bigger wake comfortably, and probably could behind mine as well.

Then I recently bought a Coex 4.4, which is a really fun board, and would fit the bill, but I have a hard time keeping up behind his boat, and it's pretty much impossible for me behind mine, unless we have extra people on board. I kind of suspected as much when I bought it, but it should work great for my wife, so it's money well spent regardless. (The Alias 5.0 is way too big for her). It rides too low in the water for me.

So what I'm looking for is a board that feels more "surfy" like the Coex, but can support my weight better. (I'm 6'2" 220# btw).

I could probably get an Alias 4.6, but that technology is pretty old and really not a high performance board.

What do you guys/gals think?
Rhawn
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Richmond, V to the Izzay

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are at the point where you need to start looking at the true wakesurf board builders. Those boards are going to be much more buoyant and maneuverable. For instance I am 6'5" 240 and I ride a 5.0 Walker Project with no problems. There are several brands out there that will fit the bill. Keep to the surf style boards.
quadjeff

PostPosted: Jun 25, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Inland Surfer Sweet Spot.
It is really fast. It takes some time to get used to. I have the Big Boy fins 11.5 with the new fins the guys at wake outlaws carry.. 4 fins total
You can call the guys at wake outlaws. They carry all the high end boards.

www.towanza.com

-Phaze 5 make some great boards also.

Spend the money you will be much happier.

Grindwaters are the in between board. Little cheaper than Phaze 5 and Inland.

Pretty nice boards. It is slower than the Sweet Spot but faster than the other wakeboard compaines trying to make wakesurf boards.

Try finding someone and testing the boards out. I am sure someone on here can get you hooked up.
lakewakes

City: lake sinclair

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out , http://wake9.com/products/the-boat-board/ Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: