Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Pics from the last wakesurf session

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AaronATX
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Pics from the last wakesurf session Reply with quote

Hey guys, new to the forums here. I am a photographer, and brought my camera with me the last time my friends and I went wakesurfing (even though the weather was pretty crappy). Thought I'd share a few pictures from the last session, the wave was pretty decent, we threw a lot of weight in there. None of me, but then again I'm nowhere near good enough to be worth shooting anyway. Hope you enjoy, it was my first time shooting off the back of a boat, but I had fun. Anyone looking for photos in the Greater Austin Area and/or lake travis, austin, marble falls or LBJ, hit me up, I'll trade photos and gas $ for pulls.

you can view the whole set (or what I have done so far) by clicking here
PKwakeboard
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the pics. Are you using a waterproof camera or some kind of case for a non waterproof one. I would be nervous using anything that would get damaged.

What modle SAN is that? Do you know how much weight you have it it? Where it is placed?
AaronATX
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a waterproof camera, I used to do much more work photographically but now I just pick up the odd photoshoot every once in a while, so I'm still shooting with my old Nikon D70. I've used my camera in much sketchier situations, and it's insured, so I didn't have a huge issue holding it off the back or side of the boat. Definitely is a little scary holding the shutter down while leaning off the back holding the camera inches above the water, but nothing bad happened. Wish I still had my 10mm fisheye, but I sold it a few months ago when I was strapped for cash. As for the boat, it's a 2009 SAN 230. Weight wise, we filled the factory ballast, and then added 3 fat sacs (2 750lb and one 400-i'm pretty sure). one 750lb was in the port side engine storage compartment, the other was on the port seats, and the tube sac was on the floor in the forward center of the boat. I might not be remembering correctly as this was actually about two to three weeks ago. I know we ended up with a lot of weight, definitely no starboardside turns. Not much luck for me, as I ride goofy (though I prefer to call it "irregular") and hate riding heelside to the wave.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good looking pics! You should post more of the cute girl Wink
AaronATX
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder wrote:
Good looking pics! You should post more of the cute girl Wink

Ha thanks. That's my girlfriend, I wanted to take advantage of the great lighting. She's pretty spectacular!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: