Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Tantrums: i need help (Vid posted)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Killeen TX

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Tantrums: i need help (Vid posted) Reply with quote

started working on tantrums.
carnage starts at about the 20 second mark.
besides letting go, what else to i need to change and improve to land it?

http://www.vimeo.com/12561698

and why when i land is it so damn painful on my nuts? its like there being roasted by a torch while 1000 ants and bees bite them....

any tips and help would be greatly appreciated!

Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Salem-ish

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're backing off too early and kind of half-way. Take a bigger harder (like a lot harder) cut and back off later than you are. Make it an abrupt edge change and wait for the pop. Make sure your shoulders are squared up otherwise you'll go to revert or blind, but from your video it didn't really look like that was an issue.

Get some neoprene shorts for the boys.
JeffreyCH
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lincoln

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do them so take this for what it's worth (not even .02 lol) It looks like you aren't getting enough pop off the top, almost like you are trying to throw it too soon. that's just what I see watching the video, and comparing it to the instructions on the book. Try working on your re-entry/ trip jumps more, I started with those at the end of last year with hope of throwing a tantrum this year. Couple did look pretty close but you case the wake hard.
kriggs
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Palm Beachhh give me a pull.

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to get way farther out to really build up a strong edge and back off at the wake. get almost as for out before you start on your heelside edge,then you'll start clearing the wakes. Remember to keep your eyes open so you can see your landing the whole time, your edge switch looks good, just wait a split second longer.
To help the nut problem go buy a pair of under armour sliders so that when you fall the boardshorts don't rup on your sack.
dalderman
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Carlsbad

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help with the Tantrum but get the Jet Pilot Crown Jewel shorts for your jewels. Four way stretch boardies with a 1mm neoprene liner
holdsworth
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(2) and (3) were awesome attempts! Definitely close.

What you're doing right now is hesitating when you get to the trough. Keep a good edge all the way to the wake and about halfway up, let go with your back hand and square your shoulders to the wake and start putting your head back to initiate the flip. Don't really "switch edges" at the top, just let off edge a little and jump straight up off the top of the wake. A lot of people try to switch edges and "trip" the wake, but it's really about standing tall at the top and going straight up. Also, as said before, edge further out so you build up some momentum and give yourself a little room to set up so you're not rushing yourself and can think about it on the way in. You don't have to go out as far as you can, but go about four or 5 feet out more.

Good luck!!!
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a longer/more aggressive approach (do what you're doing now, just start further out). Other than that you should be golden.
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read what everyone else said, so this may have already been mentioned.

It looks like you are absorbing the wake to much. When you switch your edge right at the wake don't forget to stand tall too. Also try to come off the very top of the wake. make sure your don't throw it to early.
jcw2508

City: evans

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Def. edge out a little further and get a harder edge.whenever you go parallel to the wake it seems like you get the concept but just take your head and look straight back. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN, i didnt land mine until i did
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: