Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

broken wakeboard...again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kent2010
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Needles

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: broken wakeboard...again Reply with quote

just snapped my 2009 ronix ibex i bought about august last summer. Never touched anything but water. Snapped right down the middle. And the reason i bought that was because i snapped my old parks board in the same place. pretty bummed right now, but i think ronix should just give me a new one.
LakeIolaLuke
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Lake Iola/Orlando

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronix will give you a new one, that's what warranties are for.
LakeIolaLuke
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Lake Iola/Orlando

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronix will give you a new one, that's what warranties are for.
Enygma
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they should give you a new one. If it snapped down the middle and only ever touched water. it was obviously a manufacturing defect in the board.
Mattyboy

City: Dubai

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the same thing to my 2010 Watson Classic no issues they just gave me a new one!
ky1e
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You rode 8 months on a board and never hit a slider with it??? You have some
serious self control lol. I've always wanted to have a board just for the cable but I always tell myself that I want to ride the same board because im used to it. I picked up a byerly legacy 55"?(I don't know the orange one, it's a 141 lol) at performance and it just looked so shredready that i took her right out. In case anyone is interested it holds up amazing on sliders btw. I came home after a full day of shredding and it was perfect. I have learned that the majority of my wakeboard damage has come from actually kickers and not sliders. I like to edge into kickers as hard as I can and try to do everything as big as I can and that impact is what has messed all of my boards up. Since my last knee injury about 6 months ago from a glide landing gone wrong I have not been hitting kickers but unfortunately, I have a hard time
having fun without them. The adrenaline rush I must get from the flying sensation (if you've charged a big kicker you know what I'm talking about) wasn't there and I just couldn't satisfy myself from learning slider tricks. The last time I went out however I had my first kicker sesh on the board and as sure as I'm sitting here, it got some nice scratch marks in it. I also hate the trex or whatever the metal looking plastic stuff is for sliding because if it isn't soaked then you're board is taking some of it with it. The bottom material of a wakeboard is not made for that material and personally I think it slides awful. PVC sheeting is 10x better. People just think they are hitting a real rail when they hit a trex rail so they think it's cooler. I wish they tried some harder stuff on them so they could feel
the wrath it will leave behind on you.

kent2010
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Needles

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya its still under warrenty, but i think im just going to go to the shop i bought it from first and see if they will give me a new one. then if not ill deal with ronix i guess
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: