Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Any shorter ladies out there?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MerMal

City: Weston

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Any shorter ladies out there? Reply with quote

If any of you lovely ladies are short (like me...I'm a strict 4'11") may I pick your brains? I went out this weekend with some friends and my boyfriend, and well, first time out for all of us. We all used the same board, and well, since they were all taller than me, they all did very well, except for me. I was able to get up out of the water, but wasn't able to position myself to keep going. Now I was wondering, we didn't think to adjust the bindings until after we docked, could the placing of the bindings be a problem? I wasn't really able to bend my knees or even straighten them...I don't know why we didn't bother to adjust them...I guess we never gave it a thought.

We are thinking we might have to adjust them a little bit, any thoughts or other suggestions? Or is it possible I am just way to short for this sport?

BrianABE
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no lady but I will speak for my g/f. She rides my '10 S4 138 and she's 5'5" and ride them ducked out 11 degrees in the second holes. If you were riding a 138 or 142 (or larger) then I think it would be safe to say the binding were too far apart for you. Try and move the binding into the closest holes on the board and you should be ok. From experience riding a bigger board helps balance you better and NO, you are NOT too short to ride. Keep at it!

How long have you been riding? You said you couldn't get into 'position' to keep going so I was trying to figure out how much you've rode.
Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wausau

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can speak for my wife, she's 5' 5'' and I know if she was riding a larger board the binding width would have an impact like you're saying. A stance that is too wide would make it seem very awkward.

I've got a solution for you, come riding with us and you can use her board Wink

LaynDoor
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Meriden CT

PostPosted: Jun 16, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll continue the trend... My wife is 5' 4" she was able to get up and ride for a little bit on my board but couldnt progress.... I spent $300 and got her an 08 Hyperlite syn and 08 LF Wing bindings and she took off!!! Board slides and switch riding within two weeks of getting the new setup.... She would tell you that getting bindings that fit her feet were the biggest factor.... She felt much more connected to the board.... in other words, she was able to ride the board insted of letting the board give her a ride...

Hope that makes sence...

FYI - small ladies stuff is allways on clearance for SUPER cheap... pick yourself up your own setup and everyone in the boat will be like Shocked Puppy Eyes Crying or Very sad ... and you will be like Wink Cool Laughing

Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jun 16, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaynDoor wrote:
FYI - small ladies stuff is always on clearance for SUPER cheap...

No kidding I think my wife got everything brand new for under 300 dollars or something nuts like that. Maybe it was even like 250. We have to spend that on a board Wink

MerMal

City: Weston

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys rock my socks! Lol, I will definately take all of your advices! Also, good to know smaller chicks can have affordable gear! That's pure awesomeness right there! I was also thinking, since we don't really have the appropriate boat for actually wakeboarding, we kinda made our own setup, and I thought maybe that was the issue....since we didn't have proper equipment.

Also, I wonder if the size of the board isn't a problem? All the guts I went with are like, board thin, and me, well....let's just say, I'm not as slender as I once used to be...so I am thinking I might need a bigger board as well.

Wakeboarder3780: I'm still super uber new, and was embarassed trying with my boyfriend and friend. Once I get the hang of it, then maybe Smile I can't be messing with your wife's style, pretty sure you guys must be almost pros. >< And, maybe we'll bump into eachother, since we both visit Lake DuBay.

I've tried it all day last Sunday, but before then I had only observed. I plan on getting back out there shortly. I am kinda bruised and battered from the expereince, so I have to heal again. Lol

Thanks again for the advice! Beware, I may be back...

Happy waking!

Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww sad. You have nothing to be embarrassed about. I've had lots of new people from work ride out on my boat. Some people pick it up fast, some don't. I myself didn't even get up my first day of trying. I was the slowest learner out of everyone I ever met so you have nothing to prove to me but I respect what you're saying.

Deffo give me a ring though if you want to ride on dubay - even if you want to watch, I find it extremely hard to get additional spotters on the weekends.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: