Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

What trick should I do after? (video)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nox

City: Dubai

PostPosted: May 27, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: What trick should I do after? (video) Reply with quote

Hi guys, a big hello to everybody!
I'm new here and also kinda new on the wakeboarding - just started a month ago and i'm loving it!
I'm using all my snowboarding knowledge to do good progress on the wb and so far it's going well!! Smile

Looking at the video which trick should I do next? I was thinking to still try grabs and do maybe method, stalefish etc.

On the snowboard I'm ok with 180s and 360s... but here i have to add the handle..

What do you think?

ps:
I know that the my ts jump was bad but I was too happy after the indy and i couldn't care less! Razz

Gir

PostPosted: May 27, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should keep trying those grabs and work on you HS/TS jumps because your technique does not look very good (extend those legs). Add some 180s if you feel like it, especially TS 180s, real easy to land. And by the way, I would not try method grabs if I were you, somehow the board always catches in the wind and it's almost impossible to pull it back in time, or maybe i'm doing something wrong, anyone ?
nox

PostPosted: May 27, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I should then extend more the legs - will try that thanks
Is that gonna give me just more pop in terms of high or also will launch me in the flat if I keep the same approach speed?
Christobull
Addict
Addict

City: Tulsa

PostPosted: May 27, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Gir's advice, but I'm not sure what he means on the method. It's a pretty natural front hand grab as long as you've got the little tweak down. That's not bad at all for just a short time riding. Keep pushing it.
nox

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! So yesterday I went out and I believe I did some good progress on my stance. I've also improved my TS jumps - almost nailed the W2W..

Here is a video of a HS jump - I followed your advice and tried to stand taller, the result was definitely a bigger pop!

What do you think? Smile
Suggestions?

VIDEO LINK
cheesewizz
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

defiantly better dude keep it up, just practice your progressive on your TS w2w now Smile
Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wausau

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao that song in the video made me laugh. HS looks pretty good, make sure you can grab all over the place while doing your HS jumps (will make sure you've got your balance down), but most importantly get those TS w2w jumps down.

When you're done with that if you really want to progress the fastest get switch HS and TS w2w jumps locked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: