Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

iphone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wendrila

PostPosted: May 06, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: iphone Reply with quote

How to get an American iphone working in Australia on Telstra prepaid sim?
I'm going over to america for a holiday and im looking at buying an iphone. I'm already with Telstra prepaid and don't want to change. What would i have to do to get it working over here? Will i still be able to update my iphone? Do i need to get it unlocked and where can i get this done? Can i use the wifi? I've searched the internet for ages but everyone says different things. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by wendrila on May 15, 2010 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
browneye253
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Tulsa

PostPosted: May 07, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to jailbreak the phone first and then you can unlock it to work with other carriers. Jailbreaking is pretty simple depending on what version of iPhone OS is on the phone. It took me more time to read about it then it did to actually do it. I haven't unlocked mine for the simple fact that I don't need it unlocked, but from what I've read that is a pretty easy process as well.

blackra1n is one of the options for jailbreaking, but there are a couple others as well again depending on your iphone OS version.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: