Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Northern California Boat Show in Pleasanton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluesman
Criminal
Criminal

City: Petaluma, California

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Northern California Boat Show in Pleasanton Reply with quote

We went today. Only spent $500 (accessories, as usual). Here's what I found which differed from the old Cow Palace show:

1) The weather was better. It was much less cold in Pleasanton than the Cow Palace has been on any of the years I've been there.

2) There were more boats on display; significantly more.

3) The food was much higher quality at about the same price. The only downside was a severe shortage of tables and chairs for use while eating.

4) The display and variety of accessories was much bigger than at the Cow Palace. They were grouped together, too. One could go from one display of wakeboards to another to another within one small area.

5) I didn't see any houseboats there. Perhaps I missed them.

6) In order to get to the stuff we really wanted to see (boats & accessories) we had to first walk past displays of furniture, vacations and hot tubs. We found ourselves slightly lost. Perhaps by next year we'll be more familiar with the layout.

Very Happy
scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there were houseboats. they were outside of the big tent. i was there today from 10am till 3ish and i still havent seen it all.....soo big. some signs said 800 boats and i believe it. i got a bunch of pics ill post them tomorrow
wake_fun
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I was there also. I went on Saturday and bought a new Hyperlite Premier 140 and some new Belmonts to go with it!!!!!!!! AWESOME DEAL........Guess who sold them to me, Mike Harris, Page 96-97 of Wakeboarding Mag, March 2003. He is a cool guy!! Thanks Mike!!!
JamesP
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluesman, That's cool that you were able to make it to the show. Not sure if I'll make it this year.

I see you are from Petaluma, what lake do you ride at most, Sonoma, Mendo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: