Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Stern drive vs V drive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthWaker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Lake Blackshear

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Red57 Reply with quote

letsgo19 wrote:
Wasn't adressing your post CALMMy point exactly about the centurion some manufacturers. Are seeing the advantage of deeperhull still not v hull but s omeday I think all inboards will move towards deeper vees live v hulls oh angry one

Not that you had any to start with, but this post alone destroyed all credibility you thought you had.
letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: say what Reply with quote

Wow,i can't tell you how much that hurts!!!!Way to digress.Post something of substance or don't waste my time. Crazy Eyes
letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: btw Reply with quote

BTW when all is said and done we're doing the same tricks behind my boat that you are yours.Once on the lake all this rhetoric goes down the sewer where it belongs.Before you ask how i know i have friends w/inboards that compete and pull same tricks when with us.It's not the boat kiddo it's the TALENT Very Happy
Red57Bird
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Raleigh

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: btw Reply with quote

letsgo19 wrote:
BTW when all is said and done we're doing the same tricks behind my boat that you are yours.Once on the lake all this rhetoric goes down the sewer where it belongs.Before you ask how i know i have friends w/inboards that compete and pull same tricks when with us.It's not the boat kiddo it's the TALENT Very Happy

The original poster was looking for feedback from v-drive owners about their overall experience using the boat. Most of us provided some helpful info. It has now degraded to a pissing match on which boat is better, and that is not helping the poster. And nowhere did anyone say anything about tricks that can or can't be done behind any boat, so why mention it?

SouthWaker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you continue to try to make a point about things that no one has said? My comment was directed towards your poor wording and sentence structure. I hate to bust your bubble but it is no big secret that an I/O put out a ridable wake behind them, yet you think you are the only person here who has experience with them. I know most wouldn't respond to your comments but your stupidity and single mind amuses me and I really hope you post something else.
letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Here it is. Reply with quote

What's amusing /comical/sad,is how quickly some people resort to getting personal.You should feel proud oh angry one.Wonder if you would feel so brave if you came to my gym and watched me train?Cyber tough guy.
DRAGON88
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Here it is. Reply with quote

letsgo19 wrote:
Wonder if you would feel so brave if you came to my gym and watched me train?Cyber tough guy.

Now that is beautiful irony. Thank you for that. I guess it's cool to be a "cyber tough guy" as long as you're a "tough guy" in real life too.

If you're happy with your boat that's all that matters, no need to convince others that you're happy with your boat. Are you really that insecure about your boat?

LaynDoor
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Meriden CT

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Here it is. Reply with quote

letsgo19 wrote:
What's amusing /comical/sad,is how quickly some people resort to getting personal.You should feel proud oh angry one.Wonder if you would feel so brave if you came to my gym and watched me train?Cyber tough guy.

OMG... "come to my gym and watch me train" who says that???

letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Last one Reply with quote

Insecure isn't in my vocabulary,funny it's in yours.Thank YOU for that!
DRAGON88
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

letsgo19 wrote:

To be fair, the fact that it's not in your vocabulary probably has to do with your 3rd grade education.

Like others have said however, this is off the topic of the original question. So if you want to continue to troll go elsewhere.

Red57Bird
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRAGON88 wrote:
letsgo19 wrote:

To be fair, the fact that it's not in your vocabulary probably has to do with your 3rd grade education.

Like others have said however, this is off the topic of the original question. So if you want to continue to troll go elsewhere.

Dragon - I'm torn on this one. It could be the 3rd grade education, which would explain a lot. But then again, it could be that this person is apparently a toilet cleaner. That could explain everything. No offense to any other toilet cleaners on this forum (this guy is making you look bad).

letsgo19.JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  52.13 KB
 Viewed:  28663 Time(s)

SouthWaker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

letsgo19 wrote:

Hahah, where did this come from? I promise I am not angry in the least. I just finished saying your posts amuse me. Please continue.

BTW, is "She" what they are calling the Jersey Shore now?
letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: I would....but Reply with quote

I would continue to post off topic like you all but dragon doesn't want me to.Although I must admit this has been entertaining.If you wish to do more of this please look on other threads.Ya never know where I might pop up.I know,that's what she said.I guesse it's ok for some not all.Let's take a poll who thinks we need a new moderator.
RUSSIAN
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NOR*CAL

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run my vdrive up to shore all the time, has no affect on the running gear, and I don't see any damage to my hull from it. If my hull was black then I might think other wise. Most people around here do the same thing.
Inboards are safer, period

K-dub wrote:
DRAGON88, everyone shall now call you Tinkerbu'....
Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Sac

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I/O's are fine boats in most cases. That being said for wakeboarding a v-drive will ALWAYS be a better boat. It will also be significantly more expensive. There really is no comparison when it comes to quality of the wake.

letsgo19, this debate has been had over and over again and guys like DRAGON88, RUSSIAN, and others have been on this site long enough to have seen people like you defend their purchase. It's okay that you bought or prefer an I/O but for wakeboarding a v-drive will provide you with a significantly better platform for the sport.

And as for feats of strength in the gym, no one cares how you train. So use your words and defend your position. That being said it is unlikely you will convince anyone on a wakeboarding site that I/O's are better wakeboard boats than v-drives. Cheaper yes, fuel efficiency, probably, overall experience, depends on your expectations... But for me an I/O isn't going to be as enjoyable as a v-drive. But I hate tubing and have a houseboat for floating/drinking on...

Northeast
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't tune into this thread for several days and wow did it go off track! Thanks to those who offered helpful info and perspectives.
faceplant920
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Brookhaven

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i spend most of my time when I cant get a ride behind an outboard so I really dont have a dog in this fight. That being said, I've been behind all three and the inboard bests the I/O in everything except possibly tubing although hitting a large wake and going airborne in a tube is rather enjoyable to watch. letsgo19 has made this one of the most enjoyable posts to follow. The "Wonder if you would feel so brave if you came to my gym and watched me train?Cyber tough guy. " comment was priceless. Also this little bit of gold "Insecure isn't in my vocabulary,funny it's in yours.Thank YOU for that! " and his epic fail in sentence construction have made my day. I am now smiling at work and as an accountant that takes effort. Congrats letsgo19.
letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Final word Reply with quote

You succeded in luring me back.I guesse the title of this thread misled me.I like all boats.But I don't like it when people get personal.My point all along was that you don't need a mastercraft nautique etc.....to do the same tricks behind an I/o that's been proven.Rider talent is the bottom line.And that's the goal of all of us.I/o vs Inboard sounds like a competition so I came on here to make some points.Like I said before once your out on the lake all this rhetoric goes down the sewer and we're all having fun and making great memories.I have three boys 14 18 21 and it bonds us to do this together along with all their friends!!So go ahead someone make a personal coment now.Ride On!!!!!!
Red57Bird
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceplant920 wrote:
Ok i spend most of my time when I cant get a ride behind an outboard so I really dont have a dog in this fight. That being said, I've been behind all three and the inboard bests the I/O in everything except possibly tubing although hitting a large wake and going airborne in a tube is rather enjoyable to watch. letsgo19 has made this one of the most enjoyable posts to follow. The "Wonder if you would feel so brave if you came to my gym and watched me train?Cyber tough guy. " comment was priceless. Also this little bit of gold "Insecure isn't in my vocabulary,funny it's in yours.Thank YOU for that! " and his epic fail in sentence construction have made my day. I am now smiling at work and as an accountant that takes effort. Congrats letsgo19.

First off, love the name. I use"FacePlant" on another forum so I can definitely appreciate the meaning. For me, it is totally appropriate - it is the one trick I can perform consistently.

letsgo19's humor doesn't stop on this thread. Just check out his posting history, especially his classic "Cute but where's the substance.We need some better posts than that to keep this pintless thread moving!!!!!!". There is more good material in the "Mastercraft vs. I/O" thread - it is a must read. He and I had a run-in on that thread as well when I made a comment about his meds. I totally forgot about it until I looked at his history.

Definitely brings a bit of fun to an otherwise lame Monday.

letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all right this is rather addicting but " inboard does everything better than I/o?PLEASE !!
letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihope dragoon isn't getting too pizzed about us posting off topic .And if he is,waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Red57Bird
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where things started to go wrong. The topic up to this point was regarding beaching an inboard vs. an I/O, and the videos. Then you posted this:

letsgo19 wrote:
Someone should go side by side an inboard vs a correctly weighted and trimmed I/o of equal size compare wakes also let's remember rider skills play the biggest role remember that early vid of Scott byerly behind a fishing boat?practicaly no wake doing every trick known to man with awesome hang time.So lesson is it's not the boat kiddo especialy when people are doing inverts in the flats!Enjoy whatever boat you got cause we are lucky to live such priveleged lives!!!!!!!

No one said anything about wake size, or which boat was better, etc., but you chime in with this post. Then you start the Mastercraft thread with a post that can only be described as some type of drug or mental induced rambling that no one could understand. When you post stuff like this on any kind of forum, you are opening yourself up to comments like mine, and others. Your latest post about the moderator is another prime example.

The I/O vs. inboard is a pissing match that no one will win, and it is a pointless argument. Again, each one has strong points and weak points. But this is a wakeboarding forum with a definite slant toward the inboard platform so as an I/O owner, you need to grow some thicker skin or spend more time on a Bayliner forum and less time on this one.

fish6942
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Final word Reply with quote

letsgo19 wrote:
I have three boys 14 18 21 ... So go ahead someone make a personal coment now...

My only comment would be that I feel sorry for the boys. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
fish6942
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Final word Reply with quote

Last edited by fish6942 on Apr 20, 2010 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

Hey fish 69 my boys say they would love to meet you.
letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW some of you all are putting way too much time into my posts.I am now officially VAPORIZING.........................................................................SA Sa see ya would't wanna be ya
SouthWaker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RUSSIAN wrote:
I run my vdrive up to shore all the time, has no affect on the running gear, and I don't see any damage to my hull from it. If my hull was black then I might think other wise. Most people around here do the same thing.
Inboards are safer, period

Wait until you find the ol' redneck anchor (cender block) under the sand that you were beached on top of for two hours like I did. Laughing
Red57Bird
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderator - can we make this one a sticky please? There is just too much classic material in this to let it get lost with all the other regular posts.
letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Red bird Reply with quote

I think I like you.Come sit on my lap and we'll talk about the first thing that pops up.
LaynDoor
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Meriden CT

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Red bird Reply with quote

letsgo19 wrote:
I think I like you.Come sit on my lap and we'll talk about the first thing that pops up.

Dude, seriously how old are you.... you have a 21 year old??? and this is how you conduct yourself??? Rolling Eyes

What happend to,
Quote:
By the way all you haters don"t try throwing your rocks my way. i"m GONE.

and
Quote:
I am now officially VAPORIZING.........................................................................SA Sa see ya would't wanna be ya
letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right I really gotta grow up.Na But your right this has to be my last post .Does anybody rememba laughta?GONE Promise
Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Sac

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red57Bird wrote:
This is where things started to go wrong. The topic up to this point was regarding beaching an inboard vs. an I/O, and the videos. Then you posted this:

letsgo19 wrote:
Someone should go side by side an inboard vs a correctly weighted and trimmed I/o of equal size compare wakes also let's remember rider skills play the biggest role remember that early vid of Scott byerly behind a fishing boat?practicaly no wake doing every trick known to man with awesome hang time.So lesson is it's not the boat kiddo especialy when people are doing inverts in the flats!Enjoy whatever boat you got cause we are lucky to live such priveleged lives!!!!!!!

No one said anything about wake size, or which boat was better, etc., but you chime in with this post. Then you start the Mastercraft thread with a post that can only be described as some type of drug or mental induced rambling that no one could understand. When you post stuff like this on any kind of forum, you are opening yourself up to comments like mine, and others. Your latest post about the moderator is another prime example.

The I/O vs. inboard is a pissing match that no one will win, and it is a pointless argument. Again, each one has strong points and weak points. But this is a wakeboarding forum with a definite slant toward the inboard platform so as an I/O owner, you need to grow some thicker skin or spend more time on a Bayliner forum and less time on this one.

If wakeboarding could be done equally behind v-drives as it is behind i/o's don't you think some pro would be riding for an i/o manufacturer. It simply isn't the case. A great i/o cannot produce a clean wake as big as a good v-drive. That says nothing about the quality of experience to be had on an i/o but strictly for wakeboard a v-drive will always be preferable especially at the top of the sport. Do you need a v-drive to progess, most likely not. So to say there is a close comparison for wakeboarding is simply false. To say the is a close comparison for entertainment and being on the water, certainly.

Red57Bird
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Red bird Reply with quote

letsgo19 wrote:

Part of me wants to laugh, and part of me feels sorry for this guy. I really hope he doesn't have kids - the world is tough enough without having to overcome his genetics.

letsgo19
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red bird go for the laughter it's more fun!Now please nobody adress me I'm trying to stay away from this thread.
faceplant920
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Brookhaven

PostPosted: Apr 20, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this, I was trying to come up with a signature and I had one giftwrapped for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: