Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Surfing an X35

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kwolfejr

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Surfing an X35 Reply with quote

I pick up my new X35 tomorrow...during the test run we wanted to see the surf wake (too cold to actually surf) so we ballasted it down with a 750 in stb back locker, which is what the dealer said to do. After some thought, I think the port side is where the ballast will need to be. ANYWAY, I wasn't impressed with the surf wake but it wasn't a show stopper as I figured it would take some adjusting just like any other boat.

The question; Has anyone surfed behind a X35 with a good wake? If so, where was the extra weight placed and how much? Was the forward ballast 100% full?

THANKS!!!
kenziewake

City: Chelan

PostPosted: Apr 19, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! My cousins have an X35 and i surf behind it all the time.

A fat sack on one side would help, but you dont NEED it. Also, from personal experience, dont fill the forward ballast up all the way. First off, it puts too much weight in the front and levels the boat, so its not really having an effect on the wake. And second, if your not an experienced driver, you can sink your boat. We almost sunk our friends Mobius. Scary stuff. Haha.

Anyways. Yes the X35 has a pretty good wake. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: