Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Body Glove Wakeboard - New To This

View previous topic :: View next topic  
political

City: Cleveland

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Body Glove Wakeboard - New To This Reply with quote

I just picked up a Body Glove wakeboard, and wanted to know if it's a good starter board. Specs below:

Body Glove CRW
Length: 193cm
Rocker: Continuous
4 Fins
Bindings lace up in back

Here are 2 links to sites selling the same board so you can get an idea of what I've got.

http://www.skidiscounters.com/crw.html
http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/product.asp?prod=832242

Basically looking for advice on whether or not this is a good board, and any other advice you might have regarding this, or starting out in general. I've got 90 days to return it if this turns out to be a bad purchase. Thanks in advance for any help.
JeffreyCH
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lincoln

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you meant a 139, cause a 193 would be huge lol. I suppose the board would be ok to learn on, but if it was me I'd take it back. Body Glove is kinda like the wal-mart version of a wakeboard. Take some time and look around at close outs from the major brands like Hyperlite, Liquid Force, Ronix, or CWB.

The main thing you are going to want to do is get different bindings for sure, the ones in that package look crappy. As a beginner you are going to crash A LOT, and low end bindings will allow your feet to come out of them. One of the worst things that can happen in waking is to have a 1 in 1 out crash, that's how you end up screwing your knees up.

I just did a real quick search and here's a better package for about the same price http://www.the-house.com/wake-package-245.html I don't know anything about those bindings, but the ERA is a good board, it's what my brother rides. That link was just an example, it's better to get the board and bindings separately since most packages come with low end bindings. However low end bindings from one of the major brands will still be better then the ones you got.

Look around for a while and post up some links here to get advice on different models that fit your price range.

political

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeffrey. I kinda figured that the combo I picked up might have been on the budget end (that and the fact that anywhere I looked, Body Glove wasn't mentioned as one of the better brands), but I saw it at Costco for about $150 less then anywhere online, and figured I'd pick it up in case I was getting a good deal. Basically didn't want to miss out if I could snag a good board at a great price.

However, it looks like I'll be returning that board and continuing my search. I don't mind paying more for a quality board/bindings, so if there are any sites that you'd recommend, or boards and bindings that are good for beginners, I'm all ears. Also, since I plan on doing the majority of my wakeboarding in upstate NY, it'll be a while until the weather is decent, so I've got plent of time to find the right stuff.

As someone completely new to this, your advice is definitely appreciated.

Cheers
JeffreyCH
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lincoln

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob man. The 2 main places I look for close out gear is Evogear, and The House. Ebay can be pretty good also
mala1967
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Pepper Pike

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

political.where in cleveland do you live
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.. Take the Body glove board back. Most of those are molds from years ago. bindings packaged with boards like that are really not the best.

Check out a pro shop and look at some of the packages that they have to offer. We(wakeboarder.com) also have a pro shop called Boardstop.com and offer wakeboard packages in the $299 starting price for 2010 board combos. All the major wakeboard brands like Hyperlite, CWB, Liquid Force, and Ronix have good starter packages.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

political, also try to take a look and get a deal on last year's gear. A lot of shops need to move their extra inventory and will usually give you a great deal on new boards from the year before. Just ask if they have any 2009 (heck, even 2008) stuff.

Unless there's some brand-new groundbreaking technology (and lets face it, that's VERY rare, usually just the graphics change with occasional minor tweaks to the actual board design), i buy last year's gear. I saved over $100 on my bindings because I purchased the 2008 model mid-2009.
political

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mala1967 I'm in Cleveland Hts currently.

To everyone: thank you very much for the advice. It's definitely making the search much easier. I'll be sure to include another post once I've narrowed down my options, and get your opinions. [/quote]

mala1967
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Pepper Pike

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Pepper Pike. We go to Lake Milton. PM me your contact info and I will hit you up when we go out. Prob not till May.
hatboy162

City: Winnipeg

PostPosted: Mar 10, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually rid this board as my beginner board it's an okay board to start out with but pretty soon you'll want a good board once you start to get better I know I did. I recommend a Ronix board they're really light, fast, and have good pop. Check out thier site I really like the '10 Ibex or '10 Viva with Cell or Relik boots.

http://www.ronixwake.com/

-Corey Kraut
Millertyme
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Reno/Sparks

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Body glove makes a wakeboard? huh? go figure? Get a board from a board company.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check with Salinas Valley Marine also. I've gotten some good closeout deals from them on Liquid Force products.
faceplant920
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Brookhaven

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever find a wakeboard and bindings?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: