Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

very easy/inexpensive fun box idea...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dav1268
Criminal
Criminal

City: Boston

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: very easy/inexpensive fun box idea... Reply with quote

I've wanted to build some type of slider for a while now and came up with this idea in the pic below... i'm looking to build a very cheap/easy one because i only get a couple weeks at the lake for the summer so i dont wanna waste to much time or money on its construction..

basically i was thinking of framing the top side of 2 twin blowup mattresses, lining it with tarps to protect them from the wood then floating it. this will make it about 3.5ft wide and 14ft long. it'll be real close to the water but thats what im looking for to learn so some stuff/ screw around on.

for a sliding surface i was thinking either rolling out vinyl "tile" sheets or the fake turf carpet... not sure what people think about those as cheap alternatives to the HDPE... obviously not gonna be as good but again price/ease of building are a priority.

you all think this has any promise at all? any suggestions are appreciated!
curtblanchette
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Kelowna, British Columbia

PostPosted: Feb 21, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as long as you frame it so its rigid i think it would work for sure
dav1268
Criminal
Criminal

City: Boston

PostPosted: May 12, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i'm finally getting up to my parents cabin this weekend and i think i'm gonna try and throw this together.

still wondering on the surface material... i can get FPR paneling at a reasonable price so i'm thinking that might be the way to go. Anyone have any experience with it? The only place i've seen it mentioned is this thread: http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=74308&highlight=frp and it sounded like it was pretty slick, maybe too slick...

let me know if anyone has any thoughts...
Christobull
Addict
Addict

City: Tulsa

PostPosted: May 13, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think you're going to be too happy with this. I could be wrong, but this is going to move around considerably unless you anchor it. I could potentially see the air mattresses floating it okay, but I have a feeling that your weight would put the surface underwater on the ends. Hopefully not though. Get some footy of it when your done.
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: May 13, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christobull wrote:
I really don't think you're going to be too happy with this. I could be wrong, but this is going to move around considerably unless you anchor it. I could potentially see the air mattresses floating it okay, but I have a feeling that your weight would put the surface underwater on the ends. Hopefully not though. Get some footy of it when your done.

I haven't seen anything like this, but I agree with the above.

Also, 14' is going to be pretty short. You won't be able to get more than a quick bonk in. You might be better off finding a shallow area and building a flatbar or something (It'll be cheaper probably, if nothing else, at least really durable), I'd be worry about the air mattress idea falling apart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: