Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Progressing..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roflcopter
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Progressing.. Reply with quote

Well I've only gone snowboarding once, and im going again soon
being an active wakeboarder i picked it up very easy, spent 20 minutes on the bunny hill, where i mastered falling leaf on my heelside and toeside
i can turn pretty easily and go down the regular mountains pretty easily.
I was wondering... where should i start looking to progress? there's a few small jumps we have.. maybe some grabs or a 180?(i can ride fakie)
sicktc06

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat. I wakeboard, so I was able to pick up on my one hour lesson with ease. In a 4 hour time period, i was doing the black slopes. Now, I'm ready to try something a little more at the parks. I'm going again soon as well so I'll be watching this thread as I was wondering the same.
prior40
Addict
Addict

City: Palo Alto

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I go I try to take every other run switch. This is especially helpful at the beginning of the season. Hit some rollers to get used to popping, and eventually throw in some indys. Once you get comfortable hit some bigger jumps and go from there. I suggest NOT trying to ollie when first hitting jumps. Just have enough speed and let the snow do the work. Popping on a snowboard is a lot different than on a wake since you don't have the tension of the handle to keep you balanced.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you link turns all the way down the hill? Heel-toe-heel-toe without slowing down? If not I'd work on that. Work on jumps whenever you're comfortable. The earlier the better I say. What fun is a board sport without air? haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: