Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

what i use to tow my boat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
homelandairtap
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jan 13, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: what i use to tow my boat Reply with quote

This is what i use to tow my boat. Its a 95 V8 grand cherokee limited. Its nothing crazy but im a kid and i have to pay for everything myself so i bought a boat and a car for under 3 grand all together and im happy with both. My jeep has 2 12 inch subs, i got new chrome rims, i replaced my horn with an electric boat horn and also installed a 2 trumpet airhorn system, and took a rusty trailer hitch receiver off another grand cherokee and grinded it and primed and painted it and threw it on mine. I tinted the windows and smoked out the tailights. I also had to fix a bunch of other things.
dshaff24

City: mt pleasant

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id black out the wheels more! I love all black vehicals
homelandairtap
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea it was a dumb mistake to keep the gold inlay. i dont like it. Im puttin the chrome wheels back on in the spring and next winter it is going all black. i just ripped the muffler off this last weekend and this thing sounds amazing now
LakeAustinBecca

City: Georgetown

PostPosted: Jul 11, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad I ran across this post. My DD crapped out on me and I was looking at the WJs but was curious to know more about their towing and how they handled pulling a boat. You dont have any problems?
homelandairtap
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 12, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i got a ZJ and its a 5.2 v8. they come in v6 and 5.9 v8. but i have no problems pulling my 21 foot boat. it helps that it has full time 4 wheel drive too. The ramp i drop my boat off into has a drop off at low tide and my trailer with my boat on it got stuck in the sand in the drop off and my ZJ pulled it right out. i love this truck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Share Your Boat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: