Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Best HD Camcorders under $1,000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Best HD Camcorders under $1,000 Reply with quote

Anybody have any recent experience with new HD cameras? I've been out of the market for a while and my DV handycam is pretty much ancient at this point. I might be looking to make a purchase winthin the next few months so if there's any new tech coming out between then and now, I don't mind waiting. (Selling a bunch of old stuff and am planning to spend the cash on this new gear).

What I'm looking for in a camera is: HD quality video, under $1,000, HDD storage preferable (to preserve video quality when transferring to the computer and to not have to deal with tapes), audio-in options (I'm assuming most cameras still have this for external mics but like I said, I've been out of it for a while), and reasonable portability (I'd like to take on trips with me and don't want to lug around a separate bag if I don't have to).

I say $1,000 but lower cost is better of course. in any case, I don't want to sacrifice quality for a cheaper camera since I want this one to last me a long time.
NorthwestRider
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Puyallup, WA

PostPosted: Nov 14, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon t1i.

www.myspace.com/algebraicsatellite
^more new songs!
www.algebraicsatellite.com/blog
My Electronic Music.
Erik
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

City: Boston MA, Wolfeboro NH, DelRay FL, Montego Bay, Jamaica

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering the same thing as the original poster, but with a twist.

I want to get an HD camera and I want to get one fast.

I'll be doing some on-location shooting for FUEL TV and they won't be accepting anything but HD. Makes sense. I also want to have one to film my kiddo(s - one on the way! A Boy!) when they're still super young in HD.

I'm not made of money, but under $1000 isn't my uber-goal. One that shoots in 1080p is. That's what I've been searching for the most. The Canon Vixia comes up again, and again, and again... I don't know what to think. Kind of seems like it's meant to be. My little Canon Powershot has lasted a long time despite the fact that I don't think it takes very good photos. My Canon Digital Rebel XT is phenomenal. I might be a Canon guy but only on the back of that Rebel XT and the fact that the Powershot lasts despite taking a good beating from me traveling and taking that thing absolutely everywhere.

So - throwing 1080p recording capabilities into the mix - does that muddy the waters a lot or is it something any of you guys and gals can comment on?

Thank you,
Erik
HHI Dave
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Hilton Head Island, SC

PostPosted: Dec 25, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wanting to buy my first HD video cam too. That T1i looks like a winner, especially for the rookie shooters like me. If only it were waterproof... Mr. Green

Hilton Head Wake Sports on Facebook
Craig-R
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Dec 28, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my brother just got a T1i for christmas, but we've barely used the video function because they recommend a stage 6 memory card, and all we had was a bunch of stage 2's... but the camera itself is amazing and would definitely recommend it.. the screen is huge (for a DSLR), and the body is super lightweight too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: