Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Deciding among Three Surfboards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blindside_137
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Raleigh

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Deciding among Three Surfboards Reply with quote

alright, help a surfnewb out Laughing

I'm looking to get into wakesurfing next summer and have been doing some research.

I'm looking for something that I'll enjoy carving and pumping with, and will let me do surface spins easily. I'm looking at the Inland Surfer Black Pearl Yellow, Ronix Koal, and Grindwater Slaysh.

I've never surfed before but love caring the wake whenever I wakeboard and feel like it'll be pretty easy to get started so I don't want to waste money on a bigger board. I've heard you get what you pay for and also to stay away from wakeboard manufacturers...

So Is the Inland worth the extra money? What are everyone's thoughts?

Thanks

mobster

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mob Boards offer more performance & quality plus USA made if you want the best don't settle for anything less
Nooga678
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think pumping and carving is better suited for a surf style, and surface spins is better with a skim style.

Obvisously you can do both things with either, but that might influence your decision.
texaswakerep
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Hattiesburg

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooga678 wrote:
I think pumping and carving is better suited for a surf style, and surface spins is better with a skim style.

Obvisously you can do both things with either, but that might influence your decision.

Agreed

You can do both with either style, but they feel totally different when doing so.

I like riding both styles. It would be best if you rode one of each style to see which is your favorite before making your decision.

Cary K.
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Wilson, NC

PostPosted: Oct 01, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blindside_137, I have the IS BP Yellow. You are welcome to come try it out, I'm in Wilson.
Jet Pilot
rixmcx59

City: Napa

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: IS Black Pearl Reply with quote

I have an IS Swallow, IS Blue Lake, IS Black Pearl Tri Fin and a Liqued Force Venture, Hands down the Black Pearl is the most versatile. You can get air, do spins, pump the wave and surf the S#!+$ out of the wave. If I had to choose one there would be no contest, it would be the Pearl. When you set it up with the stock fin in the middle and two 2.0's on the outside it will do anything you want! I nailed my first 360 with that board/setup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: