Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

so i now have two wakeboats.....story and pics!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctgretzky99
Addict
Addict

City: somewhere southwest CT

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, awesome Stang! Super congrats on a great pick up.

Personally, I like the yellow. That was the color I had chosen for our boat, but was outvoted by my wife and daughter who wanted blue, and my other daughter who wanted red and my son who said goo goo ga ga.

Have fun, good luck!

How much are you selling the Nautique for? PM me if you want. I have a friend that is looking for something cheap just to get on the water.

STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Killeen TX

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i cant believe how many PMs ive got on the old nautique. on all forums. must be over 20. ill get pics and info up soon folks. Laughing

yeah i just always envisioned a red or blue. i think it was just the "different" shock. i cant tell you how many people have come up to us about the new boat and love the color and boat.

we had just left the dealership and i stoped to fill up the jeep to bring the new boat home saturday morning. we just pulled up start to pump and 3 guys from different cars all come up asking questions, one a mastercraft owner. he goes, "how long have you had it" i laughed Laughing and said "about 30 minutes!" haha Laughing

although i do miss the thumbs up from the old school guys when we were in the nautique. and we used to always make fun of the rich kids in their modern wake boats (a little bit of jelousy Very Happy ). and weve caught ourselves a few times in the new one. cant do that anymore i guess. although im sure there sticker price was still 3-4 times mine Laughing

Criminal
Criminal

City: NW Ohio

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats man looks very nice
It's the fluid dynamics of intercollatical friction that occurs in board sports, you shred a certain object till it produces a magnetic field of anti gravitational forces that blows you into the cosmos as space dust.
AbsoluteZero
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STANG KILLA SS wrote:
my online searchs were always for the entire US.

What tools were you using to search? Ebay, boattrader, etc?
ssuter
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nashville

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STANG KILLA SS, Boat is soo sick, hopefully you can get some not so windy days and let us know how the wakeboarding goes behind it!! Very Happy
Addict
Addict

City: somewhere southwest CT

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and post some pics and video of Audrey boarding or wakesurfing. Ya know, just so we can see the wake it puts out and stuff.
key
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: AIKEN S.C.

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would powder coat the tower black and be done with it. black window trim with the black graphics and black tower= $$$$$$$
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats man. Looks like an awesome setup. I think I'd go with EVA foam on the platform instead of a truck liner. There are some high quality foams out there that will last a long time.
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbsoluteZero wrote:
STANG KILLA SS wrote:

onlyinboards.com, iboats.com, boattrader.com

Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctgretzky99 wrote:
Yes and post some pics and video of Audrey boarding or wakesurfing. Ya know, just so we can see the wake it puts out and stuff.

Laugh

Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakebrad wrote:
Congrats man. Looks like an awesome setup. I think I'd go with EVA foam on the platform instead of a truck liner. There are some high quality foams out there that will last a long time.

i think folks are miss understanding my swim platform intentions. cause the moomba board was suggesting "sea-deck pads"
the reason i said rhino liner is because i want the swim deck black. the swim deck is raw fiberglass not shiny gelcoat like the hull. kind of like how older semis, the hood is always faded and dull, yet the cab is shiny and vibrant. i simply want to cover the entire yellow showing. its faded. and easter yellow. i figured the rhino liner was two fold. a new grippy surface and more durrable than painting the swim platform black.

Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STANG KILLA SS, hmmm. I'm not sure what to do there. I would never put rhino on a boat. That stuff doesn't come off, can scratch your boards, hurt your knees, and just over-all not be very comfortable. Also, it seems a little cheap to me.

If you put foam over the entire top portion it would cover the color underneath, but you'd still have the sides.

BrentC5Z
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Tulsa

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome man. Great find!
ty540
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Seconded.

Quote:
I would never put rhino on a boat. That stuff doesn't come off, can scratch your boards, hurt your knees, and just over-all not be very comfortable. Also, it seems a little cheap to me.

If you put foam over the entire top portion it would cover the color underneath, but you'd still have the sides.

Seconded.
LoudonTN
Addict
Addict

City: Boat Mfg U.S.A. - East Tennessee

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stang, how does your Jeep tow your boat? I've been tossing back and forth whether to try to tow my 24SSV with my 4Runner, over a short distance. Is your Jeep a V8?
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does amazing. i looked at alot of SUVs. comparing horsepower, weight, towing etc. and 4wd as a bonus. the jeep actually had the lowest horsepower of all the others id looked at (tahoes, durangos, etc) but it was also 1000 lbs lighter. giving it the best power to weight ratio of them all even though it was the lowest on power.
4.7 liter V8 235 HP rated for 6500 towing.

i can pull from a dead stop straight up an hill. can book on the highway at 70mph and still have plenty of passing power, i have to say its been better than i expected. and it does it all in overdrive as well.
the one draw back is the full time 4wd is a MAJOR gas hog. id say about 10mpg with no boat. thats worse than my 500 horse camaro!

Criminal
Criminal

City: Boston

PostPosted: Sep 01, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STANG KILLA SS wrote:
AbsoluteZero wrote:
STANG KILLA SS wrote:

onlyinboards.com, iboats.com, boattrader.com

i also recommend the free download from http://craigspal.com/ , it basically searches what ever areas you select on their specific cl site (can search the entire US or distance from your location, etc). makes it so much easier than navigating and keeping track of the places you looked already.

... now if only i had the money to buy one of many the boats i've drooled over using this tool...
WakeMikey
Addict
Addict

City: Fridley

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats she is a beauty! Good story and good job~!
wesjxxx

City: athens

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know stangs email? Just bought this boat and had a few questions:)
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which boat did you buy? Try and send him a PM through the site here. You can also post your questions on momba.com. There are a lot of helpful members on there. He may see it as well, he is also on that site.
wesjxxx

City: athens

PostPosted: Mar 08, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the 03 lsv.....saw it for sale here in east tx close to where I live. Searched for info and pics on these boats.....noticed almost all pics were of a yellow mobius and after looking close at reg# it was same boat:). Kid I bought it from got it in Austin and didn't know much about boats. This is my first boat that's not I/0, so I just wondered about ballast and such. Figured who better to answer questions than previous owner:) Last year was my first season and I did great behind my heavy boat with tower, but needed to upgrade. I've Had boat about a week and it's stripped down:) floors out, new upholstery where needed , upgrading stereo system, put in new steering cable and impeller today, and now getting a much needed deep cleaning. Before summer boat will have a full custom wrap as I am doing some trading with a shop close by. I've learned a lot from reading this site already and I'm sure I'll learn a lot more..Thanx!!
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy that started this thread, seems like a good dude. I sent some binding screws to him in the mail and he did some work on them and mailed them back to me free of charge. He used to post on here all the time, but I have not seen him here lately. That is why I would send him a PM. You will probably have better luck finding him on the moomba site. He posted a topic on there a few weeks back. You can PM through that site as well. Hope this helps. And those people know moombas real well so they should be able to answer many of your questions.
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: May 18, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im back! replied to your PMs on both sites. sorry haven't been on in awhile. we should meet up this summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: