Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Ronix zariel?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brentgd86
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Marcos

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Ronix zariel? Reply with quote

Im looking for a new wakeskate, and I found a bunch of 2008 boards for cheap. First off I was wondering if bi level is that big of a difference...it seems like it would be the only way to go, but i still see people riding without it. I havent seen anything comparing the pros and cons of each, so i was hoping someone could tell me here. I dont really like to skate behind the boat too much, so i would be using it mostly for flat water and rails. I found a good deal on ronix zariel...is it any good?
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm personally a big fan of bi-level wakeskates but I still can't decide if I want to make the switch to them from concaves yet. I had a devotid wakeskates bi-level but it recently broke though so I'm currently using a wooden concave from OAK wakeskates.

To Break it down for you:
Bi-Level Pros:
-Heavier (this is personal preference but I like heavy skates so this is a pro for me)
-When used correctly, offers kind of a 'spring' effect coupled with better leverage, thus giving you more pop than you could get with a flat or concave deck.
-If it does break, it's relatively easy now to get a new top or bottom deck depending on what type of skate you get. This offers you a WAY cheaper solution than just buying an entirely new wakeskate to replace the whole thing.
-The skate seems to amplify evertything you do because of the increased leverage. This can be a good or a bad thing depending on how well you ride already. Either way, it will help you get rid of bad habits but will take some time to get used to.

Bi-Level Cons:
-Heavy (again, can be good or bad depending on preferences)
-Less durable than composite and most wood skates.
-The top deck loses strength over time and even if it doesn't snap, it will start to lose its shape and not be as 'springy'. (the amount of time it takes for this to happen varies with different skates. My most recent one lasted me about 3/4 of a season before it lost it's stiffness but was still useable.)

I haven't ridden the Zariel but I hear fairly good things about the durability compared to most others. If you're finding a really good deal I'd say give it a try. You'll at least have given it a shot and can see for yourself if that works best for how you ride.
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some at for 189..

http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?products_id=3960

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
_bruky
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my 44.

Got about 40-45 hours on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: