Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

first timer/ monoxide?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Killeen TX

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: first timer/ monoxide? Reply with quote

audrey bought us our first board. CWB ride 5.3'
were stoked cause now we have something to do while waiting on the sunset glass.
gonna try it for the first time tonight.

heres the thing my old 82 smokes alot. probly 10 times the polutants of a modern boat. black smoke from running rich, and blue smoke from burning oil. runs great, but smokes like a factory or something lol. smells horrible. back of the boat and our boards are all black from the smoke.

how serious is this monoxide thing? any signs to watch out for?

and any tips on riding? 10 mph seemed to be the sweet spot for speed on my little boat.

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get light headed or dizzy I think that is the start of the problem.

You need to make sure you wear a CGA vest when you surf. If your boat is smoking(and I know how the 83's smoke) then it would be best to make sure that if there is a problem at least you will have a vest so that you will not sink if you pass out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we gave it a try last night. audrey loved it. didnt have the wake quite right for me. but just needs more weight. when i would sit on the back corner while she was riding it would get NICE.

after 20 mintues of riding i started to get sick to my stomach. so i stoped. but audrey rode for closer to an hour and didnt get that feeling so well see.

yeah my vest is CGA, but audreys isnt but we do where them.

she has family coming in for a all weekend long surf & wake board weekend so ill get the wake shaped up with the extra people and maybe enjoy the surfing more.

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the new sac I just bought for the wb.com boat.. that is a big bag. Your boat is pretty narrow so I am not sure what kind of weight you are going to want to get in your boat.

If your feeling that stuff after 20 she is probably getting it also. I would make sure you keep a CGA vest on her. I have heard of a few getting knocked out because of body surfing behind the boat and going under because of no vest.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a 250 beside the dog house, and another 250 right behind on the side going to the rear. i think the sacks needed to be moved both right at the back. (because of the DD mid engine.

i bought a pair of 440s here from the clasifieds on wb.com
after i put the acme prop back on ill switch to those.
with the super short freeboard of the SN2001s, makes it REALLY hard to weight just one side. even last night the water was up to the black rub rail Shocked and not just in the back, all the way to the windshield Shocked

yeah well need to keep an eye on how we feel for sure. and give everyone a warning if they feel anything weird to stop. good part is the with being so lopsided the side you surf on exhaust is underwater so that helps. but when picking up downed surfer is when you get smoked out really bad. i held my breath several times as she was picking me up as i went threw the black cloud Rolling Eyes Laughing

Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always just try to rotate a lot. Do multiple quick surfing sessions rather than everyone getting one long one. We also rotate the people towards the back of the boat.
Rhawn
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Richmond, V to the Izzay

PostPosted: Aug 19, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you are breathing any more CO than a normal boat. I do think you are breathing in burnt oil / unburnt fuel on top of the CO you already get from wakesurfing. No bueno dude. I can only imaging the nausea and dizziness.

A Fresh Air exhaust kit would relocate the exhaust deeper in the water, but I don't know if that helps your problem. Especially @ idle picking up the rider.

I hope you find a solution.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: