Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

n00b looking for advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
me007gold

PostPosted: Jul 18, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: n00b looking for advice Reply with quote

Looking to get in to wakeboarding, and I am looking for advice on a 1st board. Iooking to do this on the cheaper end of things just in case. I am 5"10 215lb, so I think i need a 141 or a 143 board right? Ive found 3 boards that seem to be decent and in my price range. CWB Faze, CWB Realm or the Hyperlite Motive. This will be a board my chick wants to use as well, shes 5"5 about 120. I know those boards may be a bit big for her but I am thinking we could make it work. Any one have any ideas or suggestions? Looking to keep in on the cheaper end of things, I can get the Realm or the Hyperlite with bindings for under 150, I can even get the faze for under 100
JeffreyCH
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lincoln

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 141 will work about as well as possible for your situation. The hardest part about sharing a board with your girl is going to be bindings, unless you have really tiny feet or she has really big feet.

One of the guys I ride with went from a CWB (Faction or Faze don't remember) to the HL motive and likes it way better. He did keep the CWB hinge bindings though. They are XL's and seem to work for a wide variety of foot size. I've gotten my size 13 feet into them(was tough), and one of the girls that came out to try said they felt tight enough.

me007gold

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get such a good deal on my board (cwb faze), that I just got her, her own board(hyperlite devine) now we just have learn how to board
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: