Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

More shitty cops!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's been getting plenty of run here. hell, you probably found out about it on my facebook wall! Laughing

in regards to the dismissal rates, here is travis county (austin) vs some other metro areas in texas:

30% travis
17% bexar (san antonio)
17% harris (houston)
<5% in tarrant (ft worth)
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, the guy never should have admitted to having "just one drink".

These types of stories reinforce the idea in my mind that we shouldn't have DUI laws in the first place, along with speeding laws and many others. Reckless driving should cover it, period.

ohsix
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder wrote:
These types of stories reinforce the idea in my mind that we shouldn't have DUI laws in the first place, along with speeding laws and many others. Reckless driving should cover it, period.

I'm not sure you've thought that through. How would you like having your license suspended for an accidental lane departure or 8 mph over the speed limit?
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm not sure leaving the only option as "reckless driving" would be a good one. Considering that it would be completely subject to the whims of the citing officer and all.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to totally derail this thread, but I will say that there are ways it can be done where individual liberties are protected and police whims are thwarted.

The point of the idea is we shouldn't have laws like these that punish people for doing something that isn't hurting someone else.

jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Boerne

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder, i agree, drunk drivers arnt putting innocent people at a great risk. Let em drink and drive, whats the problem
wakeboarderdave1
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: St. Thomas, MO

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"When you've got that many stars on your hat, you're pretty good." - Keith Jackson
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's plenty from last night

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well those looked totally warranted.

How is any cop this stupid nowadays. Cameras are everywhere, EVERYWHERE.

It should be standard training now in the academies: act like you are always being recorded.

The cop who hit the kid in the second video... yeah dude you are such a bad ass. I mean, what says I'm a bad ass more than hitting someone who was not fighting back in any way and was already being taken down (way too hard) by 9 of your moron cop buddies.

This should cause some fun in Tucson...

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
eeven73

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he is wearing Texas flag shorts and a Sportscoat so.......... He deserved it. Wink
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

being dressed awesome is not a crime!
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to give another shout out for great use of the taser.

fish6942
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:
just wanted to give another shout out for great use of the taser.

Too bad the officer only zapped him once. Anyone surprised that the guy was from Idaho?
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not cops per se, but close enough...

Quote:
After he was convicted of armed robbery in 2000, Cornealious Anderson was sentenced to 13 years behind bars and told to await instructions on when and where to report to prison. But those instructions never came.

So Anderson didn't report. He spent the next 13 years turning his life around — getting married, raising three kids, learning a trade. He made no effort to conceal his identity or whereabouts. Anderson paid taxes and traffic tickets, renewed his driver's license and registered his businesses.

Not until last year did the Missouri Department of Corrections discover the clerical error that kept him free. Now he's fighting for release, saying authorities missed their chance to incarcerate him.

In a single day last July, Anderson's life was turned upside-down.

"They sent a SWAT team to his house," Anderson's attorney, Patrick Megaro, said Wednesday. "He was getting his 3-year-old daughter breakfast, and these men with automatic weapons bang on his door."

Anderson, 37, was taken to Southeast Correctional Center in Charleston, Mo., to begin serving the sentence. A court appeal filed in February asks for him to be freed.

Anderson had just one arrest for marijuana possession on his record when he and a cousin robbed an assistant manager for a St. Charles Burger King restaurant on Aug. 15, 1999. The men, wearing masks, showed a gun (it turned out to be a BB gun) and demanded money that was about to be placed in a deposit box.

The worker gave up the bag of cash, and the masked men drove away. The worker turned in the car's license plate number.

Anderson was convicted and sentenced to 13 years in prison and waited for word on what to do next.

"His attorney said, 'Listen, they're going to get you some day, so just wait for the order,'" Megaro said. "As time goes by, the order never comes. What does a normal person believe? Maybe they forgot about it. It's only human nature to hope they just let it go. He really didn't know what to do.

"A year goes by, two years, five years, 10 years. He's thinking, 'I guess they don't care about me anymore,'" Megaro said.

So Anderson went about his life. Megaro said he was not a fugitive, was never on the run. In fact, just the opposite.

Megaro described Anderson as a model citizen — a married father who became a carpenter and started three businesses. He paid income and property taxes and kept a driver's license showing his true name and address. When he was pulled over for a couple of traffic violations, nothing showed up indicating he should be in prison.

That's why Anderson was shocked when the marshals arrived.

He now lives among the general population at Charleston. Megaro said Anderson is holding his own— barely.

"He's doing his best to keep his spirits up," Megaro said. "Each day that goes by, more hope is lost. It's a daily struggle for him."

Peter Joy, director of the Criminal Justice Clinic at the Washington University School of Law in St. Louis, said it isn't unusual in a country with such a high prison population for sentences to fall through the cracks. What is unusual, Joy said, is for it to go unnoticed for so long.

"The real tragedy here is that one aspect of prison is the idea of rehabilitation," Joy said. "Here we have somebody who has led a perfect life for 13 years. He did everything right. So he doesn't need rehabilitation."

What happens next isn't clear. Missouri Attorney General Chris Koster on Tuesday filed a court response that said the state is justified in making Anderson serve the sentence.

However, Koster wrote that Megaro could refile the case as an action against the director of the Department of Corrections, which could give Anderson credit for the time he was technically at large.

Megaro doubted that strategy would work. He said the law does not allow credit for time served when the convicted person was not behind bars.

"I don't think that's an option, unfortunately," Megaro said.

Instead, he's relying on case law. The last time anything like this happened in Missouri was 1912. In that case, the convicted man was set free, Megaro said.

Gov. Jay Nixon could also commute the sentence. A spokesman for Nixon declined to comment.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a weird situation. I hope they can figure out a way to set him free.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vid here: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/11-year-old-building-tree-fort-says-officer-pulled/nfQKK/
Quote:
HENRY COUNTY, Ga. — A fifth-grader says he was terrified when a police officer pointed a gun at him and his friends while they built a tree fort.

Omari Grant, 11, said he and his friends often play in a wooded area behind his home and were building a fort when a neighbor in the next subdivision called police to complain about what the boys were doing.

But no one anticipated what Omari and his mother say happened next.

"I guess the release of tension was like, ‘Mom, he had a gun in my face, Mommy. Mommy, he had a gun in my face,’" said Janice Baptiste, Omari’s mother.

Baptiste told Channel 2’s Aaron Diamant that Henry County police officers walked Omari home last week.

"So my son was of course traumatized by that," Baptiste said.

Omari told Diamant that two officers, one with his gun drawn, rolled up on him and a few of his friends as they built a fort in the trees behind his home.

"I was thinking that I don't want to be shot today, so I just listened to what they said," Omari said.

Omari said the officer holding his gun also used foul language and made him and his friends lay down on the ground.

"I learned that they're supposed to help you not make you feel scared to even come outside," Omari said.

Diamant ran what Omari told him past Edgar Dillard, whose wife, according to 911 records, called in from the next subdivision to complain the boys were "chopping off tree limbs."

"Yeah, that's pretty shocking to hear that a gun was pulled on a child," Dillard said.

And the reason for his wife's call: "There were falling hazards, tripping hazards, all types of hazards, so No. 1 was concern for the children and concern for the environment," Dillard said.

No arrests were made but the department is now investigating the officer's actions after Baptiste filed an excessive force complaint.

"If it was justified then we'll deal with it, if it wasn't we'll address it as well," said Sgt. Joey Smith with the Henry County Police Department.

Omari now admits he and his friends made a bad call cutting off those branches, but is still a little shaken up about how he learned that lesson.

Meantime, Henry County police won't confirm the name of the officers involved while their supervisors look intothe matter.
churchy

City: Boise, ID

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish6942 wrote:
Anyone surprised that the guy was from Idaho?

Me
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 21, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Officer trips, pushes students after soccer match; police investigating
By Lindsay Bramson, Michael Aaron
Updated: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 10:16 pm
Published: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 10:07 pm

AUTIN (KXAN) – Vandegrift High School won their first soccer state championship Saturday. If you look at the video attached with this story, you can see what appears to be a uniformed Georgetown police officer tripping and pushing students as they rush onto the field after the win.

A spokesman for the Georgetown Police Department said parents began emailing the department early Sunday morning, alerting them of the video.

As you see students rush the field after the win, a uniformed Georgetown police officer can be seen sticking his leg out to trip a high school student. He then tries to trip another student.

Then, YouTube video shot by a student at the game shows one of them limping off the field.

Cell phone video sent to ReportIt@KXAN.com also shows the officer pushing two girls off the field.

KXAN spoke to the 15-year-old student who watched all of this unfold while shooting the video on his phone.

“He should’ve used better judgement,” Rohan Gupta said. “We’re high schoolers just trying to have some fun after our team won.”

The Georgetown Police Department issued a statement Sunday evening.

“Georgetown administrators have taken the information and will be forwarding it to internal affairs for review and investigation,” GPD Captain Roland Waits said.

The department was not able to provide information regarding the officer Sunday, but officials tell KXAN they plan to release more details Monday.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 24, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't post the original story a couple days ago, but kudos to this cop's boss for firing him today: http://www.kltv.com/story/25332713/rains-co-deputy-who-shot-dog-fired-on-thursday?amp
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 25, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on duty and drunk. niiiiiice!

Quote:
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An on duty NYPD detective accidentally shot his partner in the wrist in Queens overnight, and was charged with driving while intoxicated, police sources say.

Detective Jay Poggi shot his partner, both assigned to the 75th Precinct in Brooklyn, in the wrist at about 1:50 a.m. Thursday morning.

Police say Poggi and his partner were driving to a Queens location as part of an investigation when he accidentally fired his .38 caliber revolver.

According to court documents, Poggi was showing his partner the barrel of his gun, and the weapon went off.

The partner, a 12 year veteran, was shot in the wrist.

Detective Poggi rushed his partner to Jamaica Hospital where he required surgery, and is listed in stable condition.

Poggi's lawyer says the officer was just trying to save his partner's life. "He drove his partner to the hospital," said attorney James Moschella. "And part of the allegation of driving while intoxicated is driving his partner to get life-saving treatment at the hospital, which you certainly can't fault him for."

Officials say Poggi refused to submit to a breath-alcohol test following the shooting. He was charged with driving while intoxicated, and has been released on his own recognizance. His driver's license has been suspended.

According to court documents, Poggi's blood alcohol level was .113 when the legal limit is .08.

Poggi's next court date is June 16th.

The NYPD's Internal Affairs Bureau is investigating the incident.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=9515329
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 25, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Poggi's lawyer says the officer was just trying to save his partner's life. "He drove his partner to the hospital," said attorney James Moschella. "And part of the allegation of driving while intoxicated is driving his partner to get life-saving treatment at the hospital, which you certainly can't fault him for."

Yeah, he was just trying to save his partner's life...you can fault him for that. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

wakeboarderdave1
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: St. Thomas, MO

PostPosted: Apr 25, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://gawker.com/texas-deputy-fired-for-shooting-familys-2-year-old-farm-1567680651

Quote:
Texas Deputy Fired for Shooting Family's 2-Year-Old Farm Dog

I'd avoid reading the article.[/quote]

"When you've got that many stars on your hat, you're pretty good." - Keith Jackson
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A Knoxville photographer has captured a police officer on camera using what looks like excessive and unnecessary force on a college student.

The sequence of photographs show the young man complying with Knox County deputies as they lead him to a police van at the University of Tennessee, before an officer uses two hands to choke the student until he is unconscious.

The young man was arrested during a wild college party celebrating after a week of finals that spilled out onto the street on Saturday night.

Police were called to clear the area at the intersection of 21st and Laurel Streets in Fort Sanders, an area with a high concentration of college students.

According to photographer John Messner, some college students began to throw beer bottles at police, who called for backup from the Knox County Sheriff's office.

The student was arrested and handcuffed, then walked a block to a waiting police van at the University of Tennessee.

He went willingly and did not resist arrest, said Messner.

When they got to the police van, the arresting deputy's handcuffs were removed from the student's wrists and replaced with cuffs from the vehicle.

During the brief moment his wrists were uncuffed, the young man let his arms fall by his sides.

As two officers twist his arms behind his back, another deputy walks in front of the young man and wraps his hands around his neck.

The disturbing sequence of shots show the student losing consciousness, his knees buckling as he sinks to the ground, while the deputy continues to choke him or activate a pressure point that renders him unconscious.

The officers behind the young man fiddle with his handcuffs even as he's being choked.

When the student was unconscious, the police picked him up and the officer who choked him slapped him around the head a few times before walking off, reports the Messner.

All three officers are Knox County deputies assisting the Knoxville Police Department.

A call placed to the department seeking comment wasn't immediately returned.

In 2011, Knoxville County officers stopped a carload of teenagers and forced them to run in circles around a bat he kept in the trunk of the car.

Sherriff Jimmy 'JJ' Jones demoted the five officers involved in the incident.

Jones' action in disciplining the officers was well-received by the community. He's now up for re-election, with early voting already taking place.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2614386/Tennessee-police-photographed-choking-unresisting-college-student-passes-out.html
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serve and protect, right?
pyrocasto

City: hendersonville

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God it's freaky how bad it's become. Thank God for all the cameras that are available now days to help keep people straight or bring the ones who arent to justice.

At least 50% of the population is retarded so I discount what they think or feel automatically.
eeven73

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrocasto wrote:
God it's freaky how bad it's become. Thank God for all the cameras that are available now days to help keep people straight or bring the ones who arent to justice.

It has always been this way, now it can be seen because of all the cameras around.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A man with special needs is speaking out after he was left badly bruised by police. Twenty-two-year-old Gilberto Powell, who has Down Syndrome, is left with horrible bruises and scars on his face after he had an encounter with police outside his home.

“That’s my son. That’s my baby. I really love this little boy. He’s my love,” said Powell’s mother, Josephine.

According to the family, they were inside their Southwest Miami-Dade home last Saturday when Powell, who is also called Liko, called his parents on his cell phone to let them know he was walking a block from his friend’s house.

On his way home, Liko said, “The police followed me.”

Liko said, the officer smacked him in the face with an open hand and knocked him to the ground.

“His whole hand,” he said.

According to the police report, a Miami-Dade Police officer noticed a bulge in Liko’s waistband. The officer attempted to conduct a pat down, and Powell tried to run away.

“I said, ‘Didn’t you know he was a Down Syndrome kid?’ And he said, ‘No, I’m not a doctor. I don’t know.’ And I said, ‘Well, you can see it in his face that he is a Down Syndrome kid,’” said Josephine.

Read more at http://libertycrier.com/22-year-old-syndrome-beaten-police-bulge-pants-colostomy-bag/#gZFD14BuV3sfkkLl.99

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: May 03, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://fox13now.com/2014/05/02/sober-woman-arrested-for-drunk-driving-after-deputy-crashes-into-her-car/
nmballa
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Milwaukee

PostPosted: May 03, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise here in Milwaukee. That officer is a reflection of the sheriff Clark. The guy is a jack ass. The city is constantly at odds with the sheriff. The chief of police has called him out more than once.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509037985&ref=profile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cop executes handcuffed man

sequence starts at 18:00, shot fired at 19:00

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable.
pyrocasto

City: hendersonville

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard about this today. That is a pretty crazy situation! From the angle he shot the guy at the chance of survival anywhere it hit him was slim. They are in a jail bay it looks like, which is completely sealed off, no way out. Talk about poor choices...

At least 50% of the population is retarded so I discount what they think or feel automatically.
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Webster

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This violation of the public trust should be harshly punished.

But the victim appears to be white, so maybe nobody will care.

The US is weird in that we have relatively little socialism and government interference in our daily lives, but our rights are severely curtailed by our police force, and judges almost always side with the police against the citizenry.

I think it is interesting that in some other countries there is much higher taxation and general government involvement, but their police forces are comparatively very small and has relatively little power and is held to a much higher level of accountability.

Seems like you would expect the opposite.

nmballa
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neognosis wrote:
This violation of the public trust should be harshly punished.

But the victim appears to be white, so maybe nobody will care.

The US is weird in that we have relatively little socialism and government interference in our daily lives, but our rights are severely curtailed by our police force, and judges almost always side with the police against the citizenry.

I think it is interesting that in some other countries there is much higher taxation and general government involvement, but their police forces are comparatively very small and has relatively little power and is held to a much higher level of accountability.

Seems like you would expect the opposite.

Any link to the story. I wonder how this will unfold.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509037985&ref=profile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nmballa wrote:
Any link to the story.
jt09 wrote:
cop executes handcuffed man
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 25 of 37

Add To Favorites

Jump to: