Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

More shitty cops!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

note on the slapping cop above:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1957&dat=19990925&id=CU1GAAAAIBAJ&sjid=6OcMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3095,5948723

LFADAM
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: New York City

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

International edition:

This is unreal and probably deserves its own thread. Basically a corrupt Mexican mayor and his wife ordered their town police to attack buses full of students coming to protest their speech/event. The police force killed a few of them and turned the rest over to their cartel assassin friends to have them executed in a ditch. 43 students killed at the hands of corrupt politicians, corrupt police, and cartels. Wow.

http://news.vice.com/article/the-43-students-missing-in-mexico-were-incinerated-officials-say?utm_source=vicenewstwitter
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(NEWSER) – Nine newly sworn-in officers with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey managed to make it just hours into their careers before dooming said careers. All got fired yesterday for a taking part in a too-rowdy graduation party in a Hoboken bar, reports the Star-Ledger.

When bouncers tried to calm things down, the officers — some clad in their uniforms — reportedly pulled their badges and said they could do what they like now that they were sworn officers. They kept it up even when Hoboken cops arrived, followed by Port Authority officials.

Video shows the men "pouring themselves beers behind the bar, making lewd remarks to female patrons and grabbing at least one woman's butt," reports DNAInfo. A lieutenant present might have calmed things down had he not been passed out. He and three sergeants also present face disciplinary action but will keep their jobs.

The graduation party took place in late August, meaning the nine were still on probation when their pink slips arrived.

http://goo.gl/gxUnYV
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Nov 16, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 of my favorite things!

LFADAM

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No indictment in Ferguson.

Thoughts?
LFADAM

PostPosted: Nov 24, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the right decision based on the detailed explanation from the prosecutor. The new detail of Brown's blood being 25 feet further away from his body is pretty damning. Personally, I feel like Wilson should have switched to a taser (if he had one, not sure) between the altercation in the car and the pursuit, but I understand how in the heat of the moment that may not have registered.

I think our judicial process proved its worth and effectiveness. I believe this tragedy is being unfairly taken advantage of as a racial issue. However, the case of the NYC man being choked to death SHOULD be a big deal in terms of police brutality and possibly racism. Where is the outrage there?

In terms of backlash over police militarization, I am with those who are outraged in regard to the riot response directly after the event.
eeven73

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race baiting and manufactured outrage that does a disservice to a real issue.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/ferguson-michael-brown-indictment-darren-wilson/

If that isn't thought provoking information, I don't know what is.

All I can think after reading that article is:

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"St. Louis County prosecutor Robert McCulloch has said he plans to release the evidence collected in the case, which would give the public a chance to evaluate whether justice was served here."
oh thank goodness.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the evidence is pretty irrelevant. it's how the prosecutor presented the case to the grand jury. the phrase "a good prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich" is true for a reason. the bar is so low to get an indictment vs a conviction, it's a joke that they didn't indict.

i am interested to see the testimony of all the witnesses referenced at the initial announcement.

think the police presence was way overdone and over militarized, but they have handled themselves very well. the communication via loudspeaker is clear and direct, the guy running it is keeping his cool, the police have let their guard down and brought/let injured protesters inside their ranks, haven't seen any aggressive cops.

i love me some chris cuomo, but he was acting like a bitchass last night. cops telling him/his producer/cameraman to move and cuomo popping off like the media has carte blanche, whining about the high intensity lights (oh no! light!) and the tear gas. all the reporters kept saying they'd been gassed! no, you're hanging out where protesters are being gassed, you assclowns!
eeven73

PostPosted: Nov 25, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STPHNSN23 wrote:
"St. Louis County prosecutor Robert McCulloch has said he plans to release the evidence collected in the case, which would give the public a chance to evaluate whether justice was served here."
oh thank goodness.

Too transparent? Ok got it Rolling Eyes

jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Boerne

PostPosted: Nov 26, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racial prejudice was the only reason he was even brought up for indictment. Waste of federal and state time and money. Im glad the jurors did not let all the pressure to indict get to them.

As far as the riots some people just ned an excuse, ignorant people with nothing to lose, why not riot i guess, get your purge on and maybe walk away with some free christmas presents right?
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: Nov 26, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73 wrote:
Too transparent? Ok got it Rolling Eyes

my comment was more towards giving the public a chance to evaluate the evidence. that's not the public's job. that was the jury's job. they did their job, and they chose not to indict the guy. Bubb Rubb what the public thinks.
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cleveland-police-release-tamir-rice-video-shooting
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich.... unless that ham sandwich has a badge then f*ck that.

This just in: NYPD officer chokehold killing = no charges http://wapo.st/1yO1P3M

Also relevant: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/allegations-of-police-misconduct-rarely-result-in-charges/

LFADAM

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chavez, Just read about the Eric Garner case. Can't believe it. This is a completely different situation from Ferguson, with video evidence. It's all there! And chokeholds are not permitted by the NYPD. How can they possibly have any reason not to indict him?! I hear that there is still a chance of legal action, and it better happen. I can't believe that this isn't getting as much attention as Ferguson, if not more, considering it's on video and this man never threatened any of the police officers' lives. What gives?!

Sometimes I don't get the media. Why do some things blow up and not others, especially when they both equally support your agenda. Neutral
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFADAM, that case is shocking, as well as the case in STL where the cop shot the guy with the "knife" because he "charged".

I know in my head that statistically speaking, most cops are good people who do things the right way. But all this nonsense of late makes the psychological/emotional side of the ol noggin feel like the entire police system in this country is incredibly broken and in need of massive reform.

Every single tea-bastard, libertarian and non-RINO R's should be SCREAMING mad about the events of late as it comes to police misconduct and the way the protests (not the looting... the protests) in MO and other places have been quelled. Hell everyone from all parties should be screaming mad, but especially those who espouse the personal freedom/liberty angle of their chosen alliance. Nope, lets focus on the immigration issue or whatever other shiny objects are placed anywhere within their view.

What really bugs me, is the same folks defending what these officers have done are on the surface the same types that hold the 2nd amendment line. In the back of my head I'm thinking "what if Mike Brown were a legal CCW holder? And this officer fired at him without cause? Would Brown have had authority to return fire in defense? When is it permissible to meet the officer's unauthorized deadly force with defensive deadly force? Can you fire back at an officer, ever? Or do you just lay down and die like the good citizen you are?" Yes that is a lot of chatter in my dome, but really... when does the citizen have the right to fight back? Only if the officer's actions are unlawful? Ever??? Who gets to decide? Let dog sort it out?

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what bothers me is that none of these cases ever see a courtroom. prosecutors simply don't indict cops.
LFADAM

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Gardner's case is finally making headlines. That's a start.
goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:
what bothers me is that none of these cases ever see a courtroom. prosecutors simply don't indict cops.

You hit the nail on the head. No one is policing the police and then they wonder why there is a huge backlash.

eeven73

PostPosted: Dec 03, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any profession there are jackass's

It is entirly predictable that prosecutors arent going to "error" on the side of prosecuting cops( one of there own)

The cops i know personally will tell you that they toe a tighter line today(in all aspects of interaction with public) vs 15-20 years ago. Cameras are everywhere.

Given the complete unreliability of data regarding "police brutality" i am incline to believe that the situation is quite similar to the risk of your children being kidnapped today vs "the good old days". Perception is that it is worse when in reality it is just alot more publisized.

goofyboy
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Houston

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more publicized, but there is still no action to correct it. You can indict a ham sandwich if you want to. Zero reason this did not go to trial.
eeven73

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can indict a ham sandwich if you want to

This is a disingenuous statement.

just like, " The top tax rate used to be 90%" So Bubb Rubbing what! They could deduct everything, its the EFFECTIVE RATE that matters.

Same with indictment statistics. You know why they all get indicted? Because they are hand picked by the prosecution. Without the political pressure the ferguson incident doesn't go to the Grand Jury, let alone a Bubb Rubbing Trial. Jesus!

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73, it is disingenuous, but the statistics we have seen on cases brought to grand jury that resulted in indictment is overwhelming. The 2010 statistics that 538 showed were undeniably absurd ~ 11/162000 0.01% ~ at least as federal cases go.

In the last article I linked, they show the disparity between civilian and police convictions - also somewhat concerning.

It's not the anecdotal evidence (which both the Garner and Brown cases are, really) that's the issue, it's when all the statistics are considered that we see a problem.

In any event, I'd rather see a proper jury trial occur in these cases. I suppose in some manner we will, as civil lawsuits are sure to follow both.

LFADAM

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73, I don't understand your point. Even if you are right and police brutality numbers are the same as they were in the good ole days (the publicity is simply higher), why does that matter? The fact that police brutality occurs at any rate should be addressed. Who cares if that rate has stayed the same as 50 years ago. Unless it has gone down (and possibly is going up), it's still a relevant issue.

On the topic of indictments, I can give you Ferguson, but what is your argument against indictment in Gardner's case? I'm not suggesting it was 1st degree murder, but I can't see how there wouldn't be a trial to determine whether it was criminal negligence, involuntary manslaughter, etc.
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFADAM, unless I am missing something from that video, he is actually performing the very definition of voluntary manslaughter. I don't see how he could walk from an actual jury trial given it. He may not have meant to kill Garner, but his deliberate actions caused Garner to die.

When the prosecutor was preparing my SIL's case for trial, his explanation on when a manslaughter case goes from involuntary to voluntary is the moment when the defender crosses over and becomes the aggressor. In Garner's case, the cop didn't cross that line - he was the aggressor from the beginning.

Given that video, it is reprehensible that the prosecutor failed to get an indictment - it reeks of either gross incompetence or "protecting their own". Likely the latter.

eeven73

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFADAM wrote:
eeven73, I don't understand your point. Even if you are right and police brutality numbers are the same as they were in the good ole days (the publicity is simply higher), why does that matter? The fact that police brutality occurs at any rate should be addressed. Who cares if that rate has stayed the same as 50 years ago. Unless it has gone down (and possibly is going up), it's still a relevant issue.

On the topic of indictments, I can give you Ferguson, but what is your argument against indictment in Gardner's case? I'm not suggesting it was 1st degree murder, but I can't see how there wouldn't be a trial to determine whether it was criminal negligence, involuntary manslaughter, etc.

Is the issue of police brutality "relevent"? Absolutly.

Is it the plague of society that Sharpton et al. want you too believe. Not so much.

And to reference my previous post the manufactured outrage/race baiting is so transparent to be frankly off putting, doing the situation(need to improve) a disservice.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73 wrote:
Is it the plague of society that Sharpton et al. want you too believe. Not so much.

really? been to this thread much?
eeven73

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, really.

There are some horrible situations documented in this thread, some of which would have been a whole lot better platform to scream from the mountain top regarding need for reform then the Ferguson situation.

Sadly, there are few concrete facts regarding police brutality, and there are problems with protecting their own.

But, don't try and sell me that its the 1950's in the deep south out there.

jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope you aren't planning on being a lawyer.
eeven73

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meaning what?
jt09
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think you'd be very good at it.
eeven73

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise
LFADAM

PostPosted: Dec 04, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol at both of you ^^^

chavez, thanks for clarifying. I don't know much about voluntary/involuntary and the like.

I'd like to hear an explanation of the decision like the Ferguson prosecutor did following the announcement. I'm really genuinely interested to hear what the thought process was.
pet575
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: Dec 05, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been keeping a scorecard within the thread, but I'd be curious to know how many of these videos posted in this thread involve white cops v. black citizens and how many of them feature white citizens. THAT is the root of the problem and the outrage.

I saw something the other day that was written not too long ago that was along the lines of, "If Hitler were alive and was returned to power in post World War 2 Germany, would you have a problem with Jews' distrust of him and his government? Would you have a problem with Jews being outraged that he was restored to power? If so, why is it hard to understand the black community's problem with legal white brutality against in light of the history of it towards blacks in America for 400 years?"

I thought it made sense as a way to view the issue as a whole rather than choosing which is right or wrong on a case by case basis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 34 of 37

Add To Favorites

Jump to: