Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Stereo and Amp set up question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shepsigkap

PostPosted: Jul 27, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Stereo and Amp set up question Reply with quote

OK this is what we are working with:

Head Unit: Sony CDX-M50ip - 4 ch pre-amp outs (Front R&L, Rear/Sub R&L)

Boat Speakers: Kicker KM6200, JL Audio sub (I don't recall what model)

Amp Powering Boat Speakers: Alpine PDX5 - RCA inputs: Front R&L, Rear R&L, Sub R&L

Tower Speakers: Kicker KTM6s

Amp Powering Tower Speakers: Kicker ZX450.2 - RCA inputs (R&L), RCA outputs (R&L)

My question is how should my RCAs be run?

All of the equipment is installed and working but after experiencing some noise issues we looked at the wiring and discovered that the speaker wires were connected wrong (- into + side) so I suspect that there is also an issue with the RCAs

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!
pet575
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Kansas City, MO

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If swapping around the speaker wires doesn't clear the noise I'd look at two other things:

1. Are the RCA's running near the power cable? If so, you need to move them apart from one another. Can't remember what the minimum distance is but I'd try to get them at least 2 feet away from each other.

2. Check your ground. Most amp installations recommend running a dedicated ground wire for the amp rather than hooking it into any wiring systems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: