Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

360 Problems.. Is there a drill?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blindside_137
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Raleigh

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: 360 Problems.. Is there a drill? Reply with quote

I've been trying 360's over a year now. the funny thing is, i landed the first one i tried but i lost the handle, i ended up riding away from the 4th one and haven't landed any since

i started hitting a huge mental block on them ending the season last year so i've started out this summer getting all kinds of surface spins dialed. especially working on my switch backside boardslides and switch backside 180.

i guess the thing is i feel like i've been doing 180's so fluid the past season and a half that i'm so used to floating the rotation around. I'm having a hard time telling myself i'll be able to rotate enough or that the height i'm getting is plenty. i don't have any videos of my attempts this summer since i haven't really been filming much yet but i'll have some soon.

anyway, this post is for those of you that now of the step by step drill that was posted on here maybe last year or a few years ago. it seemed to have some really good advice on how to gradually build up the confidence and skills to land the 360. (im talking hs fs btw)

i've just been riding so long now that i'm dying to get some more advanced tricks under my belt because i'm getting tired of the same old fs 180's and grabs. in the meantime i'll keep working on some new grabs and shiftys, i especially like the look of indy shiftys.. i'd love to try a few of them

b33nine
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Salem-ish

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to toss advice your way without seeing what you're doing wrong, but a big thing that helped me was to really flatten out at the wake and focus on taking the pop straight up first. It gives you a chance to get your posture correct as well as creates a tiny bit of slack.

Spins can be tricky, I wouldn't get too down on yourself about them. Why not try some backside 180's or even a toeside 3 without a handle pass? Always something you could try.
JOno

City: syd

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blindside_137, i had the same problem i think
i was getting plenty of height and had 180s dialled but couldn't get my rotation right round
what helped me was changeing the wake by speeding up the boat so it was easier to clear and instead of an aggressive cut in i eased off heaps and focused on maximum vertical pop and used my legs heaps against the wake
also, i delayed my rotation until i was most of the way into the air so i stayed on axis and was out of the water before i reached around for the handle

hope this helps, it did for me Very Happy
jctwake

City: Leawood

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. I've tried the delayed spin and it helps you just need to give the rope a little tug to start the spin.
JeffreyCH
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lincoln

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are 3's easier FS or BS? BS seems like more of a natural motion, in my head any way.
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Killeen TX

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tramp time does wonders!, i picked one up from academy for $150 (14')

most try HS FS 360 first.

Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea a friend of mine i believe has a tramp that i can practice on.. but really i'm looking for a drill that was posted on here to break down the 360.

i know all about the waiting for the pop and the hard pull of the rope believe me, its all easier said than done when you're out on the water which is why i'd like to get as comfortable as possible. and i think that drill, surface spins, and some tramp time are the only way because i need to develop muscle memory.. too much to think about in a short amount of time with all the trick tips and everything i've read about 360's

thanks for the input though everyone

STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Killeen TX

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tramp time helped me, after trying it on the tramp for awhile i stomped my second attempt ever on the water!
my first try wensday i just missed the handle but made the rotation.
i tryed again the last trick of the day saturday, and made the pass and landed it! second try ever attempting the trick on water.

get your self a rope and strap on your board and throw it on the tramp for a few days.

Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STANG KILLA SS, on the water are you slowing down, shorter rope, going only one wake? or did you ride at normal speed and everything with a w2w attempt?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: