Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

It was a beautiful day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
breazy
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: It was a beautiful day Reply with quote

So there I was, nothing but glass on the river 60' behind the boat. It's my fourth time out ever, but I've been working on jumping since I'm a complete newb and I've even managed to get air every try since starting at the beginning of the year.

I edged out toeside away from the wake, all of the sudden it was like everything went quiet. As I made my turn back to the wake I felt zen like. It was as if everything I've read and watched came together in one beautiful fluid motion. My edge progressed, I stood tall, I jumped, I landed smoothly on the downside of the second wake, HOLY SH1T DID I JUST GO W2W FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. Elated I pumped a fist. Jumped toeside single wake back to the middle, crossed over in an attempt to repeat the feat.

I'm edging back toward the wake again. same deal except instead of landing smootly, I case it get booted forward stuff the frontside of the board in the water and faceplant.

I learned 2 lessons yesterday.

1) landing smoothly on the backside is a perfect feeling and one i'll continue to search for for a while

2) It hurts alot more when you wreck when you are moving faster and are further in the air lol.

unfortunately there are no pictures, but that's ok i was there lol i'll remember the moment
xjsnxillusion

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol gratz man... i can't wait till i hit that w2w
Chad H
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Jun 21, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

breazy,
Congrats. Just work on getting that edge consistent, and landing the jump will be consistent. It took me forever to be able to consistently land wake 2 wake jumps.
breazy
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll continue to work on it chad, and i'll start working harder on my toe side(putting more people in the boat has made the wake alot bigger lol scary for my newby backside) so that i can hopefully get both of my normal w2w's dialed. By the end of the year i'd like to be at a point where i can throw 3's with grabs. Maybe a lofty goal, but I figure if i can hs w2w on my 4th day riding then maybe just maybe its not unpossible
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: