Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Need TV help for my Dad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: May 26, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Need TV help for my Dad Reply with quote

Dad wants (needs) a new TV, something that can be wall mounted eventually. He's looking in the 37-42 range. Most likely he won't make the jump to HD which I think opens up a lot more options in the mid to lower range. I mean there's no need to find the best 1080p.

Any thoughts or reccomendations? I like my Sony Bravia LCD, what are some of the good off or value brands that provide a quality display and decent useful life? Plasma had dropped drastically, what are your thought between Plasma and LCD.

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: May 26, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jryoung, if he isn't going to use the HD signal I'd go Plasma. It will "appear" less jaggy and will mask some of the effects of stretching the screen.

Costco has a bunch of stuff right now on their site. They have this 42 Plasma for 829.

If he really won't be able to tell the difference, then there are LCD options for even less.

As always, Monoprice for cables & mounts.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
itch
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: m m m itch igan

PostPosted: May 26, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah what he said, what about ambient lighting? If the room is brighter during viewing hours stick with an LCD, my dad just got the Bravia I am jealous.
itch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: