Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Mobile Broadband Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonlady8
Black Widow
Black Widow

PostPosted: Jun 01, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Mobile Broadband Card Reply with quote

Yeah I know with WiFi - why should I even bother to pay for one?
Well I only know of 1 airport that has it for free - Orlando. Plus my parents hood is full of old people who don't use internet.

Well come to find out that the $60 that I've been paying for the last 2+ yrs has become a buy of the century.

No one offers unlimited usage anymore and I've been grandfathered in from my original contract with Verizon. I guess there are some people out there looking for people like me Very Happy . Found that out about that when I was inquiring about upgrading my card.
As long as I don't cancel my service - I'm good for a loooong time.

tball
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU. I thought I was all alone on this one, but I didn't know the unlimited deals were gone.

I've had an unlimited 3G aircard with AT&T since 07 and have never understood why so many people continue to use DSL and cable broadband. I bought another one for my wife to use and we'll never go back. It is so liberating not dealing with a phone or cable company (I use DirecTV and don't have a home phone so I don't have any business with either of them....yippeeee!). Free wifi is a long, long way from being prolific enough to be useful.

I've got the Verizon unlimited aircard for work and it's just as good.

kartman
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: meridian, Idaho

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an unlimited card with a company called clearwire. but i dont think their nation wide yet. awsome service. i pay for 1.5 megs, and i usually get 3.5-4. that and its only 30$ a month.
Dragonlady8
Black Widow
Black Widow

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use it when I travel - also come to find out the higher end Hotels don't even offer free internet service Evil or Very Mad

I'm still a slave to the cable when I'm home but that's fine with me.

jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought about getting a card but opted for getting a bberry storm and switched my bberry service to verizon (was previously on AT&T).

Not sure what I pay because the firm pays for it but I love the tethering service, I was in the woods near Ellensburg, WA and was able to get internet service. It was a bit slow, but still faster than dial up and I was miles from anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: